White fungal like growth on female guppies

5 posters

Go down

White fungal like growth on female guppies  Empty White fungal like growth on female guppies

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-04, 21:59

So today I noticed that one of my female guppies had a sprout like growth in her belly. It looked like mold with long white hairs. Has anyone seen this before? What is it? Will the rest of the tank be effected by this?
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

White fungal like growth on female guppies  Empty Re: White fungal like growth on female guppies

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-04, 21:59

On her belly
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

White fungal like growth on female guppies  Empty Re: White fungal like growth on female guppies

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-04, 22:14

On her belly or hanging out the anal vent? If it is hanging out the vent, it's most likely a
parasitic worm.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-04, 22:15

How do you treat that? Will the other fish in the tank be affected?
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2014-02-04, 22:29

I've never had to treat it but there are several products on the market. Others on here will have a lot more experience and knowledge than I. Come on people, chime in here!!  Very Happy 

BTW, Denizaari, I really like your avatar with your little one with you!! cheers 
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-04, 22:31

A white fuzz is a bacteria I think. Whenever a fish of mine gets an open wound a white fuzzy scab will form. I use aquarium salt as a treatment.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-04, 22:40

Thanks for the positive comment in my kid and I. This while fish craze started with me getting him a fish tank. His attention span lasted 24 hours and like a squirrel he was gone. I've keep the ball rolling and picked up a couple more tanks with the plan to have a grow tank. It's ready for these babies. This weekend, sirwesdragon is bringing over his 90 with Africans. I hope to reignite his attention and have him be my buddy with the care of these fish.

Thanks again for the advice on this guppy. We'll see if she makes it through the night. I'll put some medicine and Q her. Maybe it'll clear up. If not then plan B might have to happen. :0(
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-04, 23:05

Plan B being feeding her to the africans?  whistle 
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-05, 00:16

Haha. Yes that may be plan B.
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-02-05, 00:44

I had this repeat on a male blue tuxedo guppy. When I would separate him from the others it would clear up and when he went back with the others it would come back out. Stress related I think as he was smaller than the others. I used Mardell to treat for cloudy eye, pop eye, fuzzy fungus and what not. It covers a few other things. It's always worked well for me!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-05, 08:15

Checked on her/them this morning and she has moved on. Thanks for all the replies!!!
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down