Female or No Female?? That is the question.

Go down

Female or No Female?? That is the question.  Empty Female or No Female?? That is the question.

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2012-05-14, 00:44

So I recently bough a 2.5 gallon tank for a betta, put a mix of sand and rock in the bottom (majority sand) and 3 plants. Searched and searched for a male betta that stood out to me, since I already have one in my 30 gallon community tank. Finally found one this last weekend. Did a water change since it had been sitting without anything in it for about a week, I did the water change, put the plants in and let my new betta go in the tank. He is swimming around and loving it, in and out of the plants and very active. Today, after being in the tank for 2 days, I see he has started a bubble nest. I read up and said that happy males will do this, but also is basically him saying he's ready to breed. I was wondering some advice whether I should look for a female to see if they work or if I should just let him be in the tank alone. Also I have read that a 2.5-20 gallon is a fine size for a breeding pair of betta's. However, I have read you have to be able to watch the breeding take place or the male will kill the female. And when they are done breeding, you have to remove the female or else she will die as well? And when the babies get about half an inch long you have to separate each one out so they don't fight either.

Does anyone on here have any experience breeding betta's and give me some advice. I have had good luck with angel's and actually have had to separate my pair so I can grow out the babies or else I will be over run. Anyway, any advice would be great! Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down