Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies.

3 posters

Go down

Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies. Empty Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies.

Post  jettej 2012-08-10, 01:10

I just realized today how lucky I was when I got these 2 (Oranda Goldfish????) Smile They are like a charm Smile So peaceful and calm kind of fish. But anyways I need help on IDing them and also identifying sex. What should i add so they spawn if ever they are a pair?

Orange:????????

White:?????????

What should I add?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by jettej on 2012-08-10, 03:29; edited 2 times in total
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies. Empty Re: Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies.

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-08-10, 01:31

The orange one looks like an Orange Oranda Goldfish, while the white ones looks like a white Ryukin Goldfish.

... I hope I'm getting this right? LOL
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies. Empty Re: Solved: New 1 Female Orange Oranda and 1 Female Fantail Goldies.

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-08-10, 01:32

What I do remember, is that goldfish of any variety are insane poop machines! They'll most likely need a bigger tank, with good filtration that doesn't make too strong of a water current... That's all I really remember, when taking care of goldfish.

They look so nice! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-08-10, 01:43

few questions.

what size tank is it
what is your filtration
what is your cleaning schedule?

what size are the fish

ID - Orange is an Oranda

white looks like a very nice fan tail .

goldies take 3-5 years to mature before you can sex them,

males will have white zit looking thins on the gill plates and pectoral fins.

here is good site for figuring it out.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jettej 2012-08-10, 02:25

PokeSephiroth wrote:What I do remember, is that goldfish of any variety are insane poop machines! They'll most likely need a bigger tank, with good filtration that doesn't make too strong of a water current... That's all I really remember, when taking care of goldfish.

They look so nice! Smile

First of all thanks. I guess im definite on the Orange oranda. But still not sure bout the white one. You said it might be ryukin but kaosu said a fan tail. And yes i guess i will make sure to have a good filtration and yes they poop like theres no tomorrow. Some times when theyre on fast/diet they still poop like they just ate. I like them bot but more on the white one. I wanna know so i can buy a pair for the white one. And get them fertile and reproduce.
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  jettej 2012-08-10, 02:36

Kaosu wrote:few questions.

what size tank is it
what is your filtration
what is your cleaning schedule?

what size are the fish

ID - Orange is an Oranda

white looks like a very nice fan tail .

goldies take 3-5 years to mature before you can sex them,

males will have white zit looking thins on the gill plates and pectoral fins.

here is good site for figuring it out.

Its a 20 gal long tank. Im trying to give them tank mate at least 1 or a pair of either a bushynose pleco if possible. Or any suggestions?

Filtration is aquaclear 2 with complete inserts.

Probably a every other week or every 2 weeks of cleaning cuz of the amount of poop i could see a day.

Bot fish goes on same size and same size as a 5 hour energy shot bottles a little fatter without the fin.

They are like 2+ years old.

Would they inter breed or no in case they are a pair?

Do i need to buy or make a spawn mop?

Thank you for all help from you guys.
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-08-10, 02:56

read threw the link i sent you .

first off they will not breed in that tank..and you have no room for more fish.

goldfish are big fish..they will bet larger than a soft ball..iv seen it.

minimum tanks for them is 20 gallons for one..and another 20..(you might get away with an extra 10) per other fish.

for two fancy gold fish you need at MINIMUM a 30 gallon tank..40 would be better and 50 would be ideal if you want them to be conditioned to breed.

2 years old is not old enough to sex.

you should be doing 50% water changes weekly on a 20g with two gold fish until you can get them a larger tank..more if it were me.

and for your filter and Aquaclear what?..what flow is it rated for?...i would double your filtration and get a larger tank to start out with if you want to breed them.

oh and if you do go to get plecos ..witch i only recommend if you get a 50g tank or larger for them ..plecos will eat eggs.

gold fish do not spawn on mops the spawn on flat surfaces.

yes they will breed together you will have mutts.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jettej 2012-08-10, 03:12

Aquaclear 20

The white one is a female fan tail. If i did the research right my fantail is ready to breed. It got the small thing show up on his poop hole. The oranda might be a female too just cause its not showing any pimple like tubercles that they call. I might have got the age info wrong. Because the last owner said they had it for a long time and that 2+ years was just part of their story. I am not really planning to breed then to grow all. I want to breed and pick the best lookin fry and probably give/trade/sell some to any serious goldies owner and send some to my LPS and get some pet points for food and supplies. I have a 30 gallon that has a tropical community theyre mostly live bearers so they are relatively small. I might have to switch their spots. Just to make the goldies more comfortable. I might make a vid of my tanks and probably you and the members could give me advices. Ive been keepin/breeding fish since 2009 so just recently if we talk about fish knowledge. Im still on my learning curve. So thanks for all the help i really appreciate it.
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down