My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus

4 posters

Go down

My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus Empty My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus

Post  DMD123 2014-04-08, 21:07

This is my current project, to grow out my four little Paraneetroplus heterospilus. They were formerly Paratheraps & Vieja named at some points but Im going by what the seller listed them as. These guys are from Rapps - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The heterospilus are known to be pretty peaceful when compared to other fish in that family.

They were bought as 1" - 1.25" fish but we all know that means real world measurement of 3/4"  whistle 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are not much to look at now but this is what potential they have:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not my picture but fish from Rapps, picture from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For sure my plan is to grow out a male for my 210g. As time goes on if a pair forms, might consider breeding them. Will wait and see.

Adult size on these guys is listed at about 9"-10" but I know madness has one that must easily be a foot. Maybe he would post a pic of his..... (please?)

Anyway, that is my new 'little' project.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus Empty Re: My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus

Post  lloyd378 2014-04-08, 22:27

Put me on the list for one of your throw away ones!!!!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus Empty Re: My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus

Post  DMD123 2014-04-08, 22:29

lloyd378 wrote:Put me on the list for one of your throw away ones!!!!

Throw away ones? LOL  LMFAO 

I will let you know when its time to throw some out.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-08, 22:33

Nice. It's always fun to get something new.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-08, 22:42

It will be fun because I got them so small. Most of my fish started off bigger so I missed a lot of the baby phase. Kind of why I was thinking to try a breeding pair to get the feel of the whole process. That is one aspect of fish keeping I have never really tried. That and a planted tank, and an African Cichlid tank, and a....
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-09, 01:31

DMD123 wrote:It will be fun because I got them so small. Most of my fish started off bigger so I missed a lot of the baby phase. Kind of why I was thinking to try a breeding pair to get the feel of the whole process. That is one aspect of fish keeping I have never really tried. That and a planted tank, and an African Cichlid tank, and a....
 Then my friend.  Its time to do the planted tanks, the African cichlid tank,  the dwarf shrimp tank,  and saltwater reef tank (my last tank to do).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-09, 01:32

DMD123 wrote:
lloyd378 wrote:Put me on the list for one of your throw away ones!!!!

Throw away ones? LOL  LMFAO 

I will let you know when its time to throw some out.

Me too. I want some of these bad boys. Look at that black, gold, and orange colors.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-04-09, 11:15

As you requested, here is my huge female and some smaller grow outs.

Female 12"
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Grow outs:
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-09, 11:29

Thanks madness!

Ive always like that girl of yours. Hope I get at least one big boy out of my batch.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-04-09, 11:44

I love picture number 3 madness, but I'm sure you knew that as I always comment on that fish when I see him!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-09, 11:59

With growouts in the works at madness place, Im sure we will have a breeding project going on soon. Heterospilus will be everywhere!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down