LuminousAphid
lloyd378
fishNAbowl
Nick_87
hobbyorobsession
25 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post - Page 3 Empty Re: ::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

Post  hello12590 2013-12-14, 22:10

ok just was making sure that was ok cause then the recipient can also get their plants sooner without the hassle of mailing them.
hello12590
hello12590
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post - Page 3 Empty Re: ::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-12-14, 22:14

Face to face meet ups work for those that want to arrange that, but I encourage those offering plants be able to mail them because that can reach a larger amount of people.

hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-15, 01:05

I agree Plus if you live too far from each other. It sucks but mailing it is more gas efficient than driving to meet 60mins to meet. I like to mail my offer if person lives more 30min away.

Back to top Go down

Post  hello12590 2013-12-15, 01:44

I don't see any problem with mailing it I was just wondering
hello12590
hello12590
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-12-15, 17:42

I have met some folks but I was trading plants for fish so it isn't the same as just shipping a plant in a baggie with a moist paper towel. Shipping fish is expensive. Shipping plants, especially in Western WA is cheap and can even be safely done with regular old First Class mail if properly packaged and mailed in the heated Post Office building. I'll drive 50 miles for an interesting fish (we have a Prius). I won't drive 50 miles for a plant (with some Rare Exceptions).

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hello12590 2013-12-15, 23:24

I totally understand that I would do the same. On the other hand ill drive 15 minutes to drop off or pick up plants if I can meet another member and maybe see someone else's awesome tank(s).
hello12590
hello12590
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-17, 19:26

My offer to next person are
2 baby Echinodorus major (amazon swords), few stems Limnophila aromatica (rice paddy), few rooted stems Nymphoides sp. ''Taiwan", few stems Ceratopteris cornuta (wisteria), and small clump Monosolenium tenerum (pellia or something)

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2013-12-18, 01:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-12-17, 23:17

Thank you Daniel aka hobbyorobsession for the plants.

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-12-18, 00:27

Very Nice plants from hobbyrobsession. I feel lucky here. Thanx.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-03, 00:27

My offer to next person are 
2 baby Echinodorus major (amazon swords), few stems Limnophila aromatica (rice paddy), few rooted stems Nymphoides sp. ''Taiwan", few stems Ceratopteris cornuta (wisteria), and small clump Monosolenium tenerum (pellia or something)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-04, 19:52

i'll take your plant offer if it's still available
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-05, 01:49

Ok. We got a taker. Pm me your address.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-07, 12:05

Plants are on their way to you daniel aka hobbyorobsession.

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-07, 13:12

Thanks, I look forward to the plants. I'll post my offering in a few days as I pull somethings from my tanks.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-08, 20:56

ok I will offer a few stems of the following (pick what you want mix and match and I will add them to a small flat rate box)

ammania gracilis
mini rose moss
limnophilia sp wavy
marsilia minuta
java fern
ludwigia repens
small crypts mainly wendettii bronze / green.
ranunculus inundatus
red root floaters
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-08, 21:51

Ill jump on that !!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-08, 21:55

pm me your address and which plants your interested in.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-08, 22:34

PM SENT Very Happy
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-01-08, 22:36

got it packing your plants now
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-11, 01:05

I received my plants from Hobbyorobsession. Here is the plants I am offering.

Rotala (Indica) rotundifolia
Heteranthera zosterifolia
Phyllanthus fluitans
Anubias barteri
Hygrophila polysperma  'Rosanervig'
Microsorum pteropus 'Trident'
Lomariopsis cf. lineata

Pick n choose. I can do a lot of Rotala so if anyone wants a bunch I could fill the boX with this background plant.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-11, 04:49

fishNAbowl I would love to accept these plants but it feels odd since my last offer was not taken after I had recieved some. Most of my collections are new with a few exceptions so my offerings can lack exotics. Maybe that is why no one wished for them. Fairly common except for the Monosolenium.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-11, 05:19

Maybe pass it to someone whom has not participated in the "plant it forward". Maybe someone new with new different plants that no one has will play.  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-11, 12:41

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:fishNAbowl I would love to accept these plants but it feels odd since my last offer was not taken after I had recieved some. Most of my collections are new with a few exceptions so my offerings can lack exotics. Maybe that is why no one wished for them. Fairly common except for the Monosolenium.

hyp3rcrav3, it looks like your last grab was back in November. I don't see anything wrong with excepting this offer. There is no rules stating how much or what to pass on. Even if you offered 1 big bunch of Java fern & no one jumps on it you are within the guidelines.  It would just mean the thread would go dormant for about a month if no one chose it. I don't really care if it does. It just allows time for my plants to grow back so I can keep participating Smile Some of the plants I am offering where obtained here!
Now, since you've posted this above ppl are holding off & I am receiving PM's interested in side deals of plants!   So, my suggestion would be to accept the offer, grow out what you can and keep participating with Plant It Forward. Soon, you may notice you'll have more and more species, & more and more to offer Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-11, 15:57

FishNAbowl, I have PMed my address. Thank you.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-11, 15:58

Anyway my previous offer has always stood. I'll update a list for the next round.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-11, 17:29

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:FishNAbowl, I have PMed my address. Thank you.
Got it, I may have to send it off Monday so your looking at a Wednesday arrival.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-11, 17:30

fishNAbowl wrote:
hyp3rcrav3 wrote:FishNAbowl, I have PMed my address. Thank you.
Got it, I may have to send it off Monday so you're  looking at a Wednesday arrival.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-11, 21:31

I'll be watching to keep it out of the cold.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-12, 18:51

I met fishNAbowl today at the Aquarium Co-op. He was more than generous. I will post my offerings again which will pretty much the same as my last offerrings but the Bronze Crypts have grown substantially.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-13, 20:52

There are a few changes to this list but essentially it isn't much different than the last one. I also want to thank everyone who participates in this since it is an awsome way to get unusual species.

Here we go again;

The ubiquitous Java fern, 2 types
A) Narrow leaf
B) Starts of giant leaf Java

A snack bag full of Monosolenium tenerum 'Pelia' (a liverwort like Subwassertang)

Willow Moss (Darker and slower growing than Java Moss. Can handle cool water tanks.)

3 Cryptocoryme Wendti 'Bronze'

A few sprigs of Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis),

A couple of sprigs of Elodea Sp

Guppy Grass Sprigs (Najas guadalupensis)

A couple of sprigs of Bacopa caroliniana

About 6 inches of Ceratophyllum demersum 'Hornwort' (floats not substrate)

Pistia stratiotes 'Water Lettuce'

A small bunch of Rotala rotundifolia 'indica' (Due to the incredible generosity of FishNAbowl who I thank muchly for the last offering.)

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2014-01-13, 21:08

PM'ed and claimed. I just hope someone is interested in something I offer up this time around.
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-14, 01:45

That was fast. Nick87 has laid claim to my offering. He'll get them by the end of the week.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-24, 00:14

I wonder what Nick will offer.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2014-01-24, 01:31

I'll get my offerings up this weekend sorry for the delay all and thanks for the plants!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-24, 15:14

Glad you liked them. I thought it was a nice variety.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-25, 22:37

Nick_87 wrote:I'll get my offerings up this weekend sorry for the delay all and thanks for the plants!

Tic toc tic toc, Zzz Zzz Zzz
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-01-26, 03:23

The weekend isn't over yet. ;-)
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2014-01-26, 04:20

fishNAbowl wrote:
Nick_87 wrote:I'll get my offerings up this weekend sorry for the delay all and thanks for the plants!

Tic toc tic toc, Zzz Zzz Zzz

:plus1:What is taking this guy so long? Where's that list at Nick_87 geez!

PokeSephiroth wrote:The weekend isn't over yet. ;-)
 I agree 

LOL The suspense is killing me!

I will get something up tomorrow! haha
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-26, 12:14

PokeSephiroth wrote:The weekend isn't over yet. ;-)

AND I QUOTE,

" The First Day of the Week
The first day of the week varies all over the world. In most cultures, Sunday is regarded as the first day of the week although many observe Monday as the first day of the week. According to the Bible, the Sabbath or Saturday is the last day of the week which marks Sunday as the first day of the week for many Jewish and Christian faiths, while many countries regard Monday as the first day of the week.

According to the international standard ISO 8601, Monday shall be the first day of the week ending with Sunday as the seventh day of the week.Although this is the international standard, countries such as the United States still have their calendars refer to Sunday as the start of the seven-day week."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Disclaimer; although the above is correct I am in no way being serious Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2014-01-26, 13:43

All in good time my friend!  Smile 
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-28, 01:24

afro.oOWhat did the fish say when he swam into the concrete wall?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-28, 01:42

Kinda getting anxious here. Its like black Friday,  ppl are saying in their heads, "open open open!"  Lol.
 bounce   Shocked   bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-28, 05:02

I don't want to be the thread caboose!

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-28, 09:32

fishNAbowl wrote:afro.oOWhat did the fish say when he swam into the concrete wall?
DAM!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-01-28, 14:44

Hey hey... let's try and keep this thread on topic... Smile
Lest, I smack you all with a giant frozen Tuna. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-28, 17:56

The topic seems to have been frozen since my last offering was mailed.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-28, 18:17

hyp3rcrav3 wrote:The topic seems to have been frozen since my last offering was mailed.

Hence the comment for anxiety to see the list. Its not derailing the thread.  Wink 

But for real where's the list? bounce bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2014-01-28, 22:41

Sorry for the wait all. Here it is.

Whoever wants it gets one or more of each of the following....

Monosolenium tenerum 'Pelia'
Willow Moss
Jungle Vallisneria
Java Fern
Water Sprite
Hornwort
Amazon Sword
Guppy Grass
Green Temple

Last edited by Nick_87 on 2014-01-29, 01:16; edited 2 times in total
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-01-28, 22:44

Nick_87: PM sent, re: plant name lol
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2014-01-29, 01:18

List updated and finished! cheers 
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next