Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods

4 posters

Go down

Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods  Empty Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods

Post  Jubs 2014-04-17, 23:02

I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured I would share that the Petsmart at 10309 156th Street East in Puyallup is clearancing their Hikari cube packs of blood worms, brine shrimp, krill and I think one or two more varieties. Not sure if other stores are doing the same thing or not but I was in there meeting someone to trade some plants.

I bought some blood worms for $2.47 x2 and some brine shrimp packs for $2.47 as well and got the 4th pack free so I paid $7.41 for 4 packs of Hikari frozen cube packs. You can barely find one pack of frozen Hikari food for that price! If I would have had more cash I would have bought them out lol.

I figured I would share as I know in the south end its expensive to find frozen food!
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods  Empty Re: Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods

Post  Betty 2014-04-18, 00:06

I was in that same store last week and bought brine and mysis for that price!
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods  Empty Re: Puyallup Petsmart clearance on Hikari frozen foods

Post  Jubs 2014-04-18, 00:09

There wasn't any Mysis left, I wanted some but couldn't find any.
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-18, 00:11

I bought all three that they had left.  geek 
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-04-18, 00:14

Ah ha! That would explain it then lol.
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-18, 08:54

Sorry I didn't leave you any. It's good to know that they still have some of the other foods left. I might have to stop back in if I get the chance. I wonder if it's only that Puyallup store.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-18, 11:33

I have not fed frozen in so long it did not even occur to me that it was a good deal when I bought the same stuff last week. I usually only feed pellets and some flake but I am trying to get size on some small growouts so I bought some of the frozen stuff and did not even put 2 and 2 together that is was really well priced. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-04-18, 12:54

Was this from a different Petsmart?

I don't know about the other areas but in Lakewood the Petco and Aquarium Paradise are both like $7 for a pack of frozen food. I don't really go to the Petsmart here just because Petco is easier to get in and out of for crickets for my frogs.
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-18, 13:05

I went to the South Hill Puyallup store. I was thinking they had some huge overstock and had to move them. Or maybe they are looking to bring in another brand, if that were the case it seems all the stores would have them on clearance.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-04-18, 13:13

Oh ok, Did anyone else notice all the National Geographic branded dry goods? It all looks like Eheim rip offs in the fish section but I was over in the Guinea pig section as well (daughter wants one) and noticed things branded with it as well. I am guessing they are using it as a store brand or something. The canister filters look just like the Eheim Ecco line, the heaters look like the Eheim-Jager heaters. They also had some LED fixtures that look like the Aqueon ones and some nano aquarium kits. I thought it was interesting and wonder if the quality is there or if they are just cheap rip offs of the originals.
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-18, 13:55

this is making me consider getting some frozens for later.....
And as for Jubs and your crickets....whenever I buy PETCO crickets they die faster then any ones I've gotten from petsmart ever. Like 25% deaths before the end of the week out of 40-50 crickets and forget the prepackaged boxes my God o.o it was worth the extra drive in Lakewood and still is in spanaway.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-04-18, 14:12

I usually buy the mediums and Petsmart never has them, but I bought some large ones at Petsmart yesterday and you're right they are way healthier looking. I noticed they actually had food and the quencher stuff in the bins, Petco doesn't even keep their crickets where the customer can see them lol. I buy one of the pre boxed ones about a month ago and they were great (must have just got to the store) ever since half of them were dead so I haven't bothered since.
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-18, 14:40

I never had crickets long enough to know how long they last. I would buy two dozen and drop them into the fish tank for a little treat. The fish went into a frenzy and it was done with in a matter of seconds. Not a staple in their diet but an occasional change in diet.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jubs 2014-04-18, 14:45

I haven't fed crickets to a fish since I owned an African butterfly fish, and that was in the 90's lol. I did throw a waxworm in a couple of my tanks a couple weeks ago just to see how they would react, most of them just looked at me like I had insulted them lol. I didn't see anyone going after them with enthusiasm but they were gone by the next morning so they ate them eventually.
Jubs
Jubs
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-18, 14:50

Took a while for the fish to take them. I think they were afraid of the 'moving pellets' at first. Now as soon as they hit the water they are devoured.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-20, 12:45

They still seem to be coming up with stock on these frozen foods. Bought three more packs of frozen Mysis shrimp.

I too noticed the change over to the Nat. Geo product line. Looks to be re-badged Eheim stuff. On that note some of the top fin stuff is on clearance. I got a Top Fin 150 watt heater for $14.07. This is really a good deal when you consider the warranty on their products. I will keep the package and receipt just in case.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-20, 14:08

pfft I didn't know anyone sold such a thing as medium. Not only are they in back but I've been sold a bag of them straight from the back that had dead ones in it :/

LOL DMD123. Sounds like a delicious fish snack! But my bearded dragon eats about 8 a day so better for me to buy them in bulk when I'm over there since it's not on the way home. Making the detour more then once a week even though it's a petstore drives me bonkers. As for feeding them to my fish it's a no go....they're as big as all of my fish except the RTS!
Alright >> I'm going over there tomorrow after school XD if they're still bringing it in at 1/3 the price I might as well stock some up. Can be a treat when I get the 125 set up. or break them into dust and feed my tetras lol I always want to buy it an try it anyways but stopped due to price tag.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-20, 23:02

I had stopped feeding frozen foods after my fish started getting bigger. Since I recently got some growouts that I was trying to get some growth on I bought some and really noticed them taking off in size. Since I had it I went ahead and fed the big fish some bloodworms, mysis and brine shrimp. It was hilarious watching these big fish go after such small foods.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-05-03, 00:53

I was back there today, and they STILL hve these on clearance. They had baby brineshrimp, daphina, and tuberfex worms. Very Happy was in there a while back and they only had brineshrimp. Soooooo looks like they are shipping them in to clearance them o.o
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-03, 09:23

Good to know, I think my fish are getting tired of the mysis shrimp.  LMFAO 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-05-04, 01:01

LOL I now have 4 brineshirmp, 3 daphnia, and 2 tuberfex and I don't even feed frozen >> or rather never have Almost walked into the other one to see if they're do it too while I was in the area (fishing licenses) but figured my hubby was going to be annoyed if I did so LOL
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down