JimA
hobbyorobsession
Madness
DMD123
lloyd378
Aquarium Co-Op
10 posters

Go down

Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op Empty Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-12, 19:23

I finally got all the details worked out on the contest. Until 1/12/2012 at midnight. Anyone can post a picture of their tank. The goal is to get a full tank shot. Each tank can only be submitted once. However you can submit as many tanks as you'd like. The prizes will be given out randomly . So each picture you post will get you another chance it. I think this would be a great way to kick off the new year coming up and share each other's tanks.

Thanks to Hikari, here are the prize packs:
1st Package: 16.3oz Package of Massivore Delight and 6oz package of Jumbo Carnivore Sticks
2nd Package Freeze Dried Bloodworms, Micro Pellets, and Shrimp Cuisine
3rd Package: 8oz Cichlid Bio Gold Mini and 8oz Cichlid Bio Gold Medium

Winners will be chosen at random by me based on a random number. If there are 50 tank pictures submitted. I'll use a random number generator to choose one. Then the first winner picks a package and so on. Until all 3 are gone. Aquarium Co-Op will pay the postage to send it straight to your door.

Share your tank and win some great food! Win/Win!

No time to waste. Start taking pictures of your tanks Wink Please post your tanks in different posts as the number I draw will be corresponding to post number.

Last edited by Aquarium Co-Op on 2012-12-13, 01:15; edited 1 time in total
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op Empty Re: Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:21

Guess I'll get this Started.

Pic of a rack of tanks I had in my fish room about 2 years ago. Demasoni breeding tank on top and cherry shrimp/ heterandria formosa tank on the bottom. Both 55s.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op Empty Re: Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:22

29g planted tank with no filtration on top. Used Dr Walstad method for the first time. Bottom tank was a green water culture to feed fry Smile

Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:23

Old cherry shrimp tank I had setup in a spare bedroom. No longer own this oddball tank Sad
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:24

I wanted to see if I could mass produce guppies. This is a 110 gallon L shaped tank. The giant net is where all the breeders were and rest of the tank was filled with babies. Confirmed. Breeding them like a fish farm does in a large tank does work Razz
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:25

Old rack of tanks in the fish room. No longer there. Replace with different tanks now.

Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:26

Empty tank:

Custom 300 gallon I sold a while back. 2 ft pangacius in there, horde of clown loaches, flagtail etc.

Heres a diff shot of the same tank with some different fish in it too.

Fish shots from it

Foot long clown loach
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-13, 00:31

My first shrimp tank, and I think it was my second fish tank I ever owned.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I still have this line of shrimp going 8 years later?
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2012-12-13, 01:11

here are a couple of my tanks, top two are acrylic. first one is the CA cichlid 125,

second one is the 75 mix and match African tank

third tank is a 35 hex (started off as my African, now growing some A. Lyonsi, and red islatus fry)

unfortunately all pics (new and old) are taken with my phone..... my camera broke and i never replaced it. When i finally get a new camera, I will also get to wiping down the front of the tanks to make the pics. clear. haha
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-14, 14:01

Great contest!
So here is my first real 'BIG' tank. It was a Marineland 120g (60x18x26). This is still my favorite size tank Ive ever owned, the 5ft is really unique.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-14, 14:03

Lookin good DMD
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-14, 14:05

Here is my 210g at a point where I first got it and loved the set up the most. Very simple, with LARGE decor!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-14, 14:08

I love to build things so at one point I had this setup in my office. A little DIY stand I built with a 29g. This was soon replaced by something bigger of course!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-14, 14:15

Kind of feel like this is a bit of a cheat showing this because it was in another pic but I was showing off the 29g and the homemade stand. Here is a 2.5g betta tank I had going for a long time. I did a bit of reorganization and sold this set up to some friends.
I love nano tanks and would probably have dozens.... but the wife would kill me!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-14, 14:24

After reorganization, I sold the 29g and 2.5g and I got a 56g column for the office. Here it is right after I got it set up. Looks better now since its cleared up and has some growouts in it.
So that is some of the tanks Ive had or currently have going. I suppose if I dug through pics I could find more of the tanks that have come and gone but these ones to me are my most memorable.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-14, 16:24

My turn, I will try and get the rest later.

This is my 250gal SA tank with a trio of WC Ec. Festae/ WC pair of Geo. Altifron/ WC pair of Geo. Steindachneri/ 10 WC Ornatums/ an L114 and L029 Plecos

135 gal WC Peruvian Festae pair w/500 babies/ and 3 Silver Dollars for dithers/ plus another L029 pleco

125 gal Female Beani/ Red Devil/ 2 x my Zonatus fry for entertainment/ 3 x Burma Border Loaches (this tank will eventually be for a pair of Beani. As soon as he catches my male) Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-14, 16:27

I'm enjoying the pic with all the fry. Very cool how you light the aquariums for the pics Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-14, 16:35

Thank you. Smile The babies are getting relocated this weekend. Mom and dad look like they want to spawn again, plus the babies are really starting to stress the parents out.

All 3 of these tanks a lit with LEDs. The 250 has 3 x 24" Led fixtures spanning front to back. The 135 has 2 x 24" LEDs across the top, and the 125 has 1 x 48" LED fixture across the top.

Most of my tanks have LED lights on them now. I am slowly weeding out the bright and expensive T5 fixtures. I still Have 4 tanks with these on them.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-12-14, 19:07

55 gallon planted over grown jungle tank[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-12-14, 19:12

most of my current tanks on a new stand[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-12-14, 19:15

40 gallon shrimp tank [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2012-12-14, 20:46

165 Bowfront with 33 Red Rainbow and 20 Bemba Tropheus..

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-12-15, 16:23

Until 1/12/2012 at midnight.
...we are all a year to late!!! ^_^

..mmm let me get the camera batteries charged up on the camera >.>
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op Empty 140 gallon long

Post  Guest 2012-12-15, 18:43

Converting to planted predatory.

Leopard Centapoma
Sengal Polypterus
Snake skin Gouramis
Red tail Shark
Columbian pike (species unknown)
Clown loaches
Bristle nosed pleco
Pictus cat
Breeding Kribs

Eventually the Clown loaches will be removed. The largest one is now 6-7 inches. The Pike may have to be removed as well depending on aggression and or size. I would like to switch to dwarf pike.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down

Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op Empty 30 gallon planted

Post  Guest 2012-12-15, 18:49

Just started 4 weeks ago. Plants exploding under the use of red LED. Just hooked up CO2 yesterday.

Calico angel
Cory cats
long fin bristlenose pleco
Otto cats

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" alt="" />

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-15, 21:11

Here are 3 more tanks. I will have 1 more to put into the contest but in the process of setting it up.

This one is of my 8' long 300 gallon Vieja/Paratheraps tank. (I know, they are all classified as something else now) and a male/female Bocourti, 3 delhezi Poly, and 4 exotic plecos.

This is my 400 gallon. I am trying to set up a breeding tank with this one, and just house 4 different pairs. Haven't quite got the combination that I want. It is home to my male/female Argentea, a pair of Hartwegi, a WC male Ecuadorian Festae and a female TriMac. Oh and 1 albino blue eyed bristle nose, and a Raphy cat

Last is my Marineland 300 gallon tank 6 x 3 x 27. It is home to my Hoga pair, Zonatus pair, female Heterospila, Female Grammode, Female Atro, Godmanni, Pearsi, and Robertsoni. Plus 1 large reg pleco, a 6" Raphy cat, and a Blythe loach.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2012-12-15, 23:28

Kaosu wrote:
Until 1/12/2012 at midnight.
...we are all a year to late!!! ^_^

..mmm let me get the camera batteries charged up on the camera >.>

Party pooper!! Laughing

Least someone is on the ball! cheers

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-16, 14:14

Went and found a pic that was of my first tank that got me back into the hobby and its replacement that soon followed. I was away from fish keeping for over 20+ years and my first tank was a 65g breeder sized with the intention of a single male midas. I soon realized I wanted more fish and a bit larger of a tank. So the one on the floor was my 5ft 120g.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by DMD123 on 2012-12-16, 19:24; edited 1 time in total
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-16, 16:06

Couple pics of each Setup here:

235gal with WC Umbee pair.

The 160 with a silver aro, Polleni, Black Belt, Red Isletas, WC Red Terror and Lap Poly.

Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-12-17, 01:38

man addicted i was thinking that first one looked a little bland.. and then i realized thats that huge room divider you snagged at AP. looking nice man, just had to share Smile
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-17, 12:00

Thanks man! Amazing what a little paint and elbow grease can do! Dried saltwater algae is worse than 2-part epoxy Very Happy
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-17, 12:03

DMD123 wrote:Went and found a pic that was of my first tank that got me back into the hobby and its replacement that soon followed. I was away from fish keeping for over 20+ years and my first tank was a 65g breeder sized with the intention of a single male midas. I soon realized I wanted more fish and a bit larger of a tank. So the one on the floor was my 5ft 120g.

Haha! well said. Nice to know I am among others where bigger is never really big enough lol Very Happy
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-17, 12:05

thechad, those bottom two pictures have easily got to be the coolest aquascape-type pics I have seen in some time! The rock layout and that poly posted up are awesome! well done
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-12-17, 17:39

ok here are some of mine..

25 shrimp/ left over killifish tank
20Lcons
20l killifish
17g multie tank
16g betta and paradise / purple snail breeder
10g peacock gudgeon and betta (breeder box attached)
7g shrimp tank
..I have more but ill have to get better pics.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-12-18, 03:26

Addicted2CAs wrote:thechad, those bottom two pictures have easily got to be the coolest aquascape-type pics I have seen in some time! The rock layout and that poly posted up are awesome! well done

Thanks Addicted, put some thought on how to safely house and breed a smaller fish in a predatory atmosphere. Little did I know a pair of Kribs are a force to be reckoned with. The male is the only fish that's ever bitten me. Feels like when you put your tongue on a 9V battery....ha! The male easily defends that corner, the Poly stays at the other end of the tank. Those rocks I cut out of slate and mounted them on a sheet of acrylic. There is also a hollow rock in betted in the back. You can see where the Kribs breed from the side of the tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-12-19, 02:02

got some tanks of my own, just snagged updated pics so i could upload and show off a bit.
gf's discus tank plus a close up of the pair guarding fry

my 125 mbuna tank
my favorite fish (my OB labeotropheus fuelleborni) color variant where both males and females carry the OB pattern.
my 10g fry tank w/ 3d background plants and LED lighting, currently full of white top hara (larger ones) yellow tail acei (little guys) and brevis sp. minuta ( too small to really see but there is a larger one in photo )

my 6.6g fluval edge acrylic tank (occupied by my brevis pair and their most recent spawn)

and finally my big ole catfish (and yes i know he needs a bigger tank Razz)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-19, 11:46

Looking good Anthraxx! Ive been trying to figure out what I want to do with my 56g, so it was nice to see pics to get some ideas.

Love the "catfish". He is fine, after all they only grow to the size of their tank, right?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2012-12-19, 14:07

hobbyorobsession wrote:40 gallon shrimp tank [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

NICE, what kind of shrimp?
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-19, 15:10

Here are 2 more tanks in my collection. One is a 285gal that I just set up, so its still a bit hazzy. The other is my sons 75gal African tank.

Last edited by madness on 2013-01-14, 14:36; edited 1 time in total
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-20, 13:05

That vine look in the back is epic, nice work madness! What are you stocking it with?
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-12-20, 13:45

binbin9 wrote:
hobbyorobsession wrote:40 gallon shrimp tank [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

NICE, what kind of shrimp?

in this one just cherry shrimp
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-20, 13:48

Addicted2CAs wrote:That vine look in the back is epic, nice work madness! What are you stocking it with?

Right now i have my hoga, Argentea, and Zo's in it, but i think the hogs are coming out today, they are not playing nice.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-21, 11:35

That would seem to be the perfect stock for that "rivers edge" type setup. Now I'm going to have to come see it Very Happy
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-01-14, 13:08

bounce And the winners are.......? bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-01-14, 13:22

Just used a random number generator to determine the winners.

1. DMD123
2. Kaosu
3. Madness

Once #1 picks, then #2 can pick then #3 can pick. PM me with what you pick Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-01-14, 16:23

YAY! ^_^ PICK DMD so i can...
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-01-14, 18:02

Well I decided to go with:
1st Package: 16.3oz Package of Massivore Delight and 6oz package of Jumbo Carnivore Sticks
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-01-14, 18:06

aww:( that was the one i needed
ok #3 i guess for me ....are they sinking pellets?...i need sinking pellets
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-01-14, 18:15

Wow, I almost forgot, in all the excitement.

A big THANK YOU to Aquarium Co-Op and Hikari for sponsoring this contest!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-01-14, 18:16

DMD123 wrote:Wow, I almost forgot, in all the excitement.

A big THANK YOU to Aquarium Co-Op and Hikari for sponsoring this contest!

ahaha yeah!!! thank you Cory and Hikari!!!
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down