Fish Food?

5 posters

Go down

Fish Food? Empty Fish Food?

Post  Nick_87 2012-04-27, 17:48

Just wondering where everyone gets their fish food, where the best deals are and what the best stuff to use. I’m looking for flakes and small pellets for my community tank. Thanks! Smile
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Fish Food? Empty Re: Fish Food?

Post  DMD123 2012-04-27, 18:08

I use Omega One products and I buy a lot when there is a good sale at Petco or Petsmart.

Otherwise I get my Omega One stuff that the stores dont carry online at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They have $4.95 shipping so very reasonable to get stuff from them. They also carry NLS which is a highly regard food also.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-04-27, 18:23

Omega One all the way!!!!

best way to tell if a food is good is look at the ingredients..you want hole food not meals or grains in the top ingredients..Omega beats almost anything i have come across...not to mention my fish love it.

for frozen foods I use life line, cichlid, tropical and carnivore, as well as there brine shrimp, blood worms and glass worms.

oh yeah i have micro worms and vinegar eel cultures as well as growing my own black worms!

Last edited by Kaosu on 2012-04-27, 18:47; edited 2 times in total
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-04-27, 18:25

I feed a lot of Kens foods - flake, gold pearls, veggie sticks with calcium for my inverts. I just ordered some Ken's catfish sticks so we'll see how those turn out. I also feed omega sinking shrimp pellets and new life spectrum sinking pellets. I keep small, community fish and inverts.

I also keep a live culture of microworms going that I feed to both adult fish and fry. I hope to get a culture of grindle worms going, one of these days.

And yes, omega ingredients are consistently pretty good - they're the best of what can be had at the big box stores, unless you go frozen.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-28, 22:50

I like to grow live. Brine shrimp, mysid shrimp, letice algae, ect.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-04-29, 00:41

NLS and Dainichi from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down