Submersible heaters

4 posters

Go down

Submersible heaters Empty Submersible heaters

Post  Betty 2012-03-29, 20:58

I learned something today! A submersible heater is different from a fully submersible heater. Cursing

I bought a Fluval M Submersible heater to replace a heater that was giving me some trouble and found out there was a minimum and maximum water level line. (I saw the word submersible and assumed the whole heater could go under the water line. I actually didn't know they made those types that weren't safe to go all the way in the water any more.) I'm going to have to figure out a way to make it work because I like to fill my tanks all the way up and don't have an area for the top of a heater to be sticking out. Head Wall

All of my other heaters are fully submersible, but I remember when I first started keeping fish, the top portion of heaters used to sit on the frame and tighten in place with a screw on fastener.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Submersible heaters Empty Re: Submersible heaters

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-29, 21:49

I didnt even know they had just sumersible heaters anymore... I thought everything was fully submersible! god, I hope mine are all fully submersible cause they are all definetly fully submersed!

thanks for posting it.... what does your fluval heater look like?
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-03-30, 00:29

It's this one --- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I ordered it online so I don't want to hassle with returning it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You should check yours out and make sure they are okay completely under water. There was nothing on the packaging and no directions with this Fluval. I just saw something printed on the glass part of the heater under the top control portion and looked at it closer and saw it was the maximum water line.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-03-30, 02:15

betty just call fluval and try and get them to fix the problem. usually works out for me. either way maybe thats what makes all your tanks pop.. speaking of where do you get most of your rock? i love the looks on your tanks..
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-03-30, 11:29

Well, unfortunately the problem was me not knowing what I was buying. Embarassed I was able to situate it so that the control part is above water, but it doesn't sit flush against the glass. It works though! The fish are no longer shivering.

My rocks came from various places. A lot of them came from my backyard and some from the river down the street. Some we picked up on a drive up in the mountains. And I also got some from a rock place (that looks like they are out of business now). The lace rock came from fish stores.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-03-30, 12:44

I did not even think to check when I bought my heater recently for my 29g. But The web site I got it on says fully submersible. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good reminder!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-03-30, 15:07

Interesting heater, DMD. I like that is says it's very short as well as fully submersible. A problem I have with my old 55 gallon is that it's shorter than normal and most heaters of the proper wattage don't fit vertically. Does it work well?
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-03-30, 15:14

I like it. I did a mini review a while back.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down