FLUVAL E SERIES DIGITAL HEATERS

4 posters

Go down

FLUVAL E SERIES DIGITAL HEATERS Empty FLUVAL E SERIES DIGITAL HEATERS

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-22, 15:01

I've had the same heaters running for 5+ years in my big tank? I've noticed them having some issues maintaining constant heat lately. I've always had a thermometer sticker. You know, squinting the eyes, moving your head up and down trying to figure out what block it's coloring up; "is it on the 74 or 76" Got the Ol' digital thermometer but the readings are always different. After I put in the classic mercury thermometer I realize all 3 are showing different temps by a few degrees . How annoying... 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thinking I was going to go with the tried and true eheim jager heater I ran into Fluval's E series heater. A 300W for upto 100 gallons. At the store I pulled it out of the box and examined it. Read the literature, went on-line and read reviews. Having a few extra bucks in my pocket I finally talked myself into splurging in this rather costly heater. 
At home handing the heater I was rather excited in trying this technology. A digital heater, green display for normal heat, the display will turn blue if low, and red when high. Also having a built in thermometer it always reads the current in tank water temp. ( both my mercury and the Fluval show the same temp). After years of adjusting heaters with a little clicker ,(you know, the twisty top adjuster where sometimes the numbers rub off) I found the Fluval E series was superior. It has a toggle type adjuster on top. It sticks out of the water. Click it to the left or right to adjust the temp is displayed on the LED screen. NICE! 
Another thing that attracted me to the E series is the heater is within a guarded case. Have you ever had that one fish that liked to wedge itself between your heater and the glass & end up with odd looking "burns"? 
This heater also has 3 BIG suction cups mounted securely to the plastic casing. After I used a razor blade to scape off a years worth of tough green algae off the glass and stuck this thing on the back wall I realized this sucker wasn't going anywhere for a long time.   

I will give this new heater a couple months. If it is still performing at its current level without issue I will be picking up one more for the other end of my 7' tank.

Last edited by fishNAbowl on 2014-02-22, 15:20; edited 2 times in total
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

FLUVAL E SERIES DIGITAL HEATERS Empty Re: FLUVAL E SERIES DIGITAL HEATERS

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-22, 15:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-02-24, 00:55

Sounds interesting. Is it fully submersible?
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-24, 01:24

Betty wrote:Sounds interesting. Is it fully submersible?  
Yes, completely. I have it all the way under. The only thing above surface is the temp adjuster in my tank.

Its wierd though. It has an indicator that tells you about water flow. Basically there is a sensor that picks up if there isn't adequate flow to disperse heat evenly in the tank. LOL. I am still trying to figure that one out  scratch 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-24, 02:52

Cory gave me his old one, and I'm using it in my 40 gallon sump. I LOVE IT! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-24, 09:42

PokeSephiroth wrote:Cory gave me his old one, and I'm using it in my 40 gallon sump. I LOVE IT! Very Happy

Interesting. This is the sump for your big multi sectional tank? And it heats up the whole thing okay? Just wondering because it would be neat to put the heater in my sump , I haven't tried that yet.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-02-24, 10:28

Thanks for the info. I need a couple of new heaters and I'll take a closer look at this one when I get ready to buy them.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-24, 12:12

fishNAbowl wrote:
PokeSephiroth wrote:Cory gave me his old one, and I'm using it in my 40 gallon sump. I LOVE IT! Very Happy

Interesting. This is the sump for your big multi sectional tank? And it heats up the whole thing okay? Just wondering because it would be neat to put the heater in my sump , I haven't tried that yet.

I have a 300watt Fluval E Heater in the sump, along with two other 300watt Cascade Heaters by Penn Plax, that is keeping the sump/sectional tanks around 77*F even on snowy days Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-02-24, 13:03

When it comes to the suction cups on their products Fluval makes ones that last. My FX5 suctions cups are still going strong after 3 years while my Eheim ones just curl up and stop working after about a year. I look forward to hearing how this heater holds up for you. Been interested in this one myself.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down