Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary????

3 posters

Go down

Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary???? Empty Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary????

Post  fishman09 2012-03-05, 14:49

im running a 240 gallon and a 150 gallon on a single 30 gallon sump that while running averages around 7 gallons in the sump and im running a single jager 300 watt and it does a great job and keeps both tanks around 79 with it set at 81. so because its heating a small amount of water at a time in the sump with the proper turnover, which im only running 3x turnover on both tanks, this eliminates my need for a massive heater or having to run multiples saving electric costs on large tanks. so in the end im running an almost 400 gallon system on a single 300 watt jager.
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary???? Empty Re: Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary????

Post  hbluehunter 2012-03-05, 19:41

I would say you're fine as long as you check your temps daily.. I know i got burned by running one heater and almost lost all my rays one time.. My solo heater kicked the bucket and i didn't notice it died until my fish and rays started to act wierd.. I checked my temps and my water had dropped almost 20 degrees.. Shocked So needless to say i run 2 heaters on my tank no matter what now, just as a backup incase one dies again.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary???? Empty Re: Big Heaters On Big Tanks Neccessary????

Post  fishman09 2012-03-05, 20:45

i do have a second one in there i plugged in today as a backup
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-05, 21:19

I always go way overboard on heaters.... I like to be able to control the temp quickly, sometimes that fast temp change can spark spawning.

I also have my heater in my sump, but running at 1350gph it pretty much running as much as it would if it was in the tank.... I do like the fact that the temp stays the same thru the whole tank, not only half at proper temp because the heater is on that side.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down