PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home)

5 posters

Go down

PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home) Empty PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home)

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-12, 22:21

So, here's a full tank shot of Axl's new home. He's currently residing in the 40 gallon tank. He used to live in a 12 gallon rimless tank, and then in a 15 gallon tank, and now he's outgrown those... I seems perfectly happy in the 40 gallon tank now! Very Happy

I found this really neat Secretary Desk looking thing... slightly modified it so that it would support the weight of the tank, and presto! I definitely enjoy tanks that are at eye level, instead of those stands that just aren't tall enough. Smile

The mid section opens up too, and reveals more storage options. I put some nano tanks in there, and they seem to be doing very well!

The bottom section has two sliding door things, that open up and slide open, which leaves potential room for a canister filter to be set up there (if needed...which I probably won't need. Heh.) I really love this secretary desk!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home) Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home)

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-12, 22:34

Need a MTS fix? Drop the door and whamO.  

Spot On That's cool Poke, and looks really nice.

Gives me a hide a tank idea. Wonder if I could pull this off behind the wife's eye ?  Suspect - nooo honey, it's my new dresser... Doors open to a 50 gallon hex (or something)....HA!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home) Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's 40 Gallon Breeder Tank (Axl Rosalotl's New Home)

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-12, 23:13

Hahaha, just make sure she doesn't open it without you knowing, otherwise... dun dun DUN!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-12, 23:40

Very cool set up!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-13, 23:30

Thanks, DMD123! I have to figure out a way to maximize the space in the bottom-most part, without it looking...ugly. Hahaha!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-05-14, 07:14

Looks like a great home for your guy...but where are the pics of him????  Update update update
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2014-05-14, 19:11

Looks awesome!! Love the repurposing of the desk! I have a 30 gallon currently living on my wine rack. Smile
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-14, 19:40

Jessikins: Thanks! Yeah, I saw the table/desk at Habitat for Humanity, and just couldn't turn it down... something about the sliding door thingies, really attracted me towards it. Hahahaha!! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-14, 19:41

Cichlid-gal: I fear that the lights may be a little tooooo bright for him. He tends to scurry in his cave or any shelter whenever the lights turn on. Fortunately, I only have some low light plants in there, with the exception of the amazon sword) . . . . so I might end up just replacing the light with a dimmer one. I will try to get some shots of Axl though! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-14, 19:53

Okay, I was able to get a couple photos of him just now! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-05-14, 20:44

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping 

He's soooo handsome!!!!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-14, 20:54

Yeah he's really coOl. I am starting to like the planter thing. I am dabbling in highlight ground covers and currently failing. I wonder if I 'dirt' a pot like you guys do tanks with a sand cap if that would help me kick off some ground covers?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-14, 22:42

The pots in plants are sort of a little experiment I'm conducting in my tanks... I want a way to fertilize them, without having the fertilize the entire tank, so to speak.

I also had no way to plant these plants in Axl's tank, because there's not enough substrate in there for the roots to get a hold of, and I didn't want to put too much substrate in there, because the black worms would end up just digging down into the substrate. Hahahaha!! Very Happy

I think dirting a pot would be a great way to start out with some ground cover plants! That way, you don't have to dirt the entire tank, and everything stays in the pot! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down