Drift Wood?

4 posters

Go down

Drift Wood? Empty Drift Wood?

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-16, 01:32

Since its not actually fish I was wondering if its legal to collect driftwood? If so anyone have any ideas in Pierce/King?kitsap county that might be decent for getting some driftwood for a freshwater tank? Driftwood prices are just outrageous IMO. I know Purdy SPit has alot of driftwood but since thats saltwater I dont think it would do my freshwater tanks any justice.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Drift Wood? Empty Re: Drift Wood?

Post  lloyd378 2013-11-16, 01:38

not sure if it's legal either, but way back when i was in highschool, i collected a few pieces on a fishing trip to lake kapowsin..... the nice thing was that they were already bogged down with water when i pulled them out of the lake
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-11-16, 01:58

If you do decide to collect your own, be careful you don't get any sap rich wood (fir, pine, cedar) as it can be toxic to your fish. I don't think it's illegal, there's a man here who collects and sells cool pieces for cheap out of a storage unit. If you collect anything out of salt water just boil it to ensure there aren't any critters or microbes living on it. Buying bogwood can be a pricy venture. If you get up to Edmonds, Cory had some nice pieces that are reasonably priced at the Aquarium Co-Op.Spot On
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 2013-11-19, 17:09

We collected some driftwood a while back for our yard and the police came and made us put it back. It is supposed to stay where it is as it helps beach erosion but hey, if they don't see you.

Also agree - better clean it well as there is all kinds of stuff living in those things.
Jay
Jay
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/GeilerAquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-19, 22:08

Actually we looked it up online a state supreme court judge ruled it was legal to pick up driftwood in WA unless otherwise posted.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down