Fish Holding.

4 posters

Go down

Fish Holding. Empty Fish Holding.

Post  Nick_87 2013-05-28, 00:55

So i've got 2 female Metriaclima Auroras holding right now. Dont know what the dates were on these guys since i've been slacking around and havent had much time. Is there anyway really to tell how far along they are and is anyone interested in some fry for sale?
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Fish Holding. Empty Re: Fish Holding.

Post  CrazedAce 2013-05-28, 01:13

I bought eight .5"-.75" Metriaclima Aurora cichlids a week ago, was that you I got them from? If not, I would be interested in some! Get different genetics and whatnot. Lol
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-05-28, 01:27

Yeah we traded for the bn plecos haha. Just before I was leaving to meet up with you I was kinda thinking it might be you haha and was gonna PM you to see if it was but I forgot. Thanks, hope you enjoy them and the plecos are awsome!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-05-28, 01:32

LOL small world. So that's who you got your BN plecos from. Hahahah. niiiice! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-05-28, 01:41

Ha! Well the fry I got from you are doing pretty well. I'm eagerly waiting for them to get bigger. I'm going to keep those guys and pundamilia nyererei as my only cichlid species, in separate tanks, at least until I get a bigger tank. Do you know if they could coexist? I know the nyererei are the most aggressive from Victoria (from what I've read).

What size are you going to sell these other guys at? How many adults do you keep, and what size tank? I'm probably going to do a male and 3-4 females (depending on the outcome of sexes) in a 30gal.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-05-28, 02:28

Right now I Have 2 males and about 6 females in a 165gal with 4 Kandangos, 5 large tinfoil barbs, 3 clowns and a few others and it seems that about once a month I can pull out 10-20+ fry if I go digging threw the lace rock. I havent stripped any of my fish but im sure could get alot more if tried a little harder. Im sure they would be fine together as all my fish get along well but then again i've had some interesting groups of fish togeather and never had any problems when others couldnt beleieve me so i guess it depends.
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-05-28, 20:46

It's not too accurate, but in the early stages of holding the throat area will be a yellow/orange-ish color and as time goes on, it will become darker as the fry develop. If you look very closely when her mouth is open, you'll be able to see little eyes looking back at you.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down