Does anyone ever get that itch?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone ever get that itch?  Empty Does anyone ever get that itch?

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-29, 23:07

Seriously , why does it pull so hard to set up another tank? New aqua-scape ideas? New fish or inverts you wanna house?

I have an empty 30 gallon bowfront staring right at me. An extra 2' Aquatop LED, rocks, tons of plants... There is about 5 different nano fish at aquarium coop that's just itching to jump into that 30g...

Or how about that nano SW reef? Dang...

Got that itch!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Does anyone ever get that itch?  Empty Re: Does anyone ever get that itch?

Post  MRTom 2014-01-30, 01:18

Yeah.. but then I had an ich outbreak in one of my tanks and lost my interest for a while. At least until I'm confident the tanks I already have are stable Very Happy

I still can't wait for the gourami community Very Happy And that nano SW is on the way too!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-01-30, 01:28

Nice! Nano SW tank. Next on my list. After this 125gal new world cichlid tank. Anyone want african cichlids? Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-01-30, 02:58

It's a serious problem, especially when you end up with too many that you no longer want to do maintenance ... which leads to burn out.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-30, 09:24

dwarfpike wrote:It's a serious problem, especially when you end up with too many that you no longer want to do maintenance ... which leads to burn out.
Now that you mention it, thanks for reminding me. I was on the boarder line of this "too much maintenance-burn out" stage. However, I was super new in the hobby and was creating more maintenance for myself than what was needed. But I remember making the decision to break down several systems.

Now, most systems are balanced with very little algae accumulation on the glass (average glass scraping is 6-10 weeks before I notice green spots) . The 140 is on an water changing system (set and leave),  the 30 gallon is on an extension of that. Most maintenance is plant pruning very 2-6 weeks.

But, I still get that itch...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-01-30, 14:52

SiRWesDragon wrote:Nice! Nano SW tank. Next on my list. After this 125gal new world cichlid tank. Anyone want african cichlids?  Lol

Possibly Smile If I can convince the wife.. if you are really considering selling the 100 gallon, let me know when/if that time comes.
poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down