I've got that itch & need to be scratched...

+6
anderson_p_r
Lamental Jester
hbluehunter
lloyd378
KaraWolf
fishNAbowl
10 posters

Go down

I've got that itch & need to be scratched... Empty I've got that itch & need to be scratched...

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-11, 08:33

Since moving into our new home I've been planing on installing a nice room dividing system. A bullet shaped tank, & upwards of 260+ gallons. My total space is 9 feet long, 8 foot tall, 3 feet wide. searching for tank only, or whole systems.

I was hoping to discuss price on such a tank. Where to find something like this? Filtration & possible hardy plants that would stand up to non digging cichlids (Java fern, Anubias possibly).

Anyone seen these tanks around?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

I've got that itch & need to be scratched... Empty Re: I've got that itch & need to be scratched...

Post  KaraWolf 2013-10-11, 09:53

the only place I've seen one of those is Tanked and they always put sharks in them >>and if they don't do salt water its a big cichilid tank. One of these days id like to see them do a freshwater with things like red tailed shark, huge terltra schools or bichirs. Or even discus Very Happy
Back on topic, can't imagine it would be cheap o.o filtration would have to be house above or below it like a sump or something.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

I've got that itch & need to be scratched... Empty Re: I've got that itch & need to be scratched...

Post  lloyd378 2013-10-11, 09:58

I've seen them, but only at restaurants. Haven't seen one for sale around here.   Guessing it's not the type of tank sold on CL.......if you're looking for new, I check out seaclears website(if they are still up and running). That's where I got my custom tank years back. But it cost to get it, And mine was only 4'. Good luck
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2013-10-11, 10:51

Maybe contact Clayton Aquariums, i know they have a real nice Bullet tank at my work from them.. If they won't sell you one they could more than likely tell you where they get them.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-10-11, 11:56

hbluehunter wrote:Maybe contact Clayton Aquariums, i know they have a real nice Bullet tank at my work from them.. If they won't sell you one they could more than likely tell you where they get them.
You work has a big bullet tank? *sigh* You're lucky, I've just now convinced my work to let me put a little nano tank on my desk

I thought I saw a CL ad for a bullet recently, in fact I think someone posted the ad on the box. But I don't think it was the size you're looking for
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-10-11, 12:01

Yeah, I saw one down in Yelm I think, though it couldn't have been more than 60 gallons?
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2013-10-11, 12:26

[quote="Lamental Jester"]
hbluehunter wrote:Maybe contact Clayton Aquariums, i know they have a real nice Bullet tank at my work from them.. If they won't sell you one they could more than likely tell you where they get them.
You work has a big bullet tank?  *sigh* You're lucky, I've just now convinced my work to let me put a little nano tank on my desk

Yea i work at a hospital and we have so many tanks from them i quit trying to count them..lol I think we keep them employed..Razz 
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-10-11, 13:04

hbluehunter wrote:Yea i work at a hospital and we have so many tanks from them i quit trying to count them..lol I think we keep them employed..Razz 
[/quote]
Are you at Overlake? They maintain at least 11 tanks there that I have worked on, but there was probably more that weren't on my route.

I've seen bullets rarely on craigslist, maybe only like two over the last four years though. A lot of people don't like the distorted view on the ends, so you don't tend to see them often. You may have to have it custom built.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2013-10-11, 13:06

Yea i'm at Overlake..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-10-11, 18:37

I also think you would have to shell out and have your own tank made. You could get lucky if a hospital or place of business shelled out all that money and then decided they didn't want it anymore. but would it be the same size you needed? And you would have to be in the right place at the right time so to speak. There is that newer place oceans by design in fed way! they have been advertising on CL. They say glass, acrylic, whatever you want.
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-10-11, 20:35

Its only 140 gallons..... $2,543.86
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-11, 22:16

Thanks everyone for the input. I never thought about the distortion  of a curved tank but thought it would look really good where he tank is planned to go. A rectangle acrylic would be okay they have rounded corners. I may have to do some saving up to do and do a custom build...

I swear when I 1st joined up (the 1st time Wink) a year ago someone posted they picked up a huge bullet tank and it was in a garage.... I was hoping to bump into that thread but unable to find it.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tayntdawg 2013-10-12, 03:15

Try tapplastics in Bellevue to custom build your tank for cheaper then anywhere I have found.
tayntdawg
tayntdawg

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-12, 11:08

tayntdawg wrote:Try tapplastics in Bellevue to custom build your tank for cheaper then anywhere I have found.
Cool tayntdawg, it doesn't mention aquariums on their website but I will give them a call & see what they can do. A local manufacture would be awesome to find.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tayntdawg 2013-10-13, 03:19

Yeah they don't, but they do it all the time. And can get any thicknes pretty much and any shape. I have price sum big tanks thru them and was stoke on there prices.
tayntdawg
tayntdawg

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-10-15, 09:08

This is pretty cool. Like how the stand and canopy is the same color as the room. I didn't think of that, looks really nice.

fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down