rate our fish store?

5 posters

Go down

rate our fish store? Empty rate our fish store?

Post  sam253 2010-07-07, 02:44

not to sound rude or anything like that but why does some of the post says "Deleted off topic comments. Please refer to the rules within this section. We are trying to make it easy to read and understand." but when i look at some other post theres like a whole paragraph.

sam253
Fry

Back to top Go down

rate our fish store? Empty Re: rate our fish store?

Post  shua 2010-07-07, 11:13

he changed it after a while to short references due to the vagueness of the number system life fresh, salt, ext, ext... its much better this way
shua
shua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-07-07, 12:03

Exactly what he said. Some were not relevant at all.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shua 2010-07-07, 15:03

i do also have a question on this as well like the post that i made toward belivue seaira is that unacceptable or ??? imo its good to know when you are walking into an ignorant place that will argue over fish and basically tell you that your a dumb ass when every one know its not ok to keep a motoro stingray in a ten gallon tank period no mater the circumstances
shua
shua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-07-07, 15:05

No, that's why I left it. I mean, that was maybe just a bad employee or something, and doesn't necessarily represent the store itself. So keep that in mind when rating the fish stores.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmuw 2010-07-31, 18:38

I personally would like a description of what customers bought, what people thought of the store/staff, and what the stores selection is made of.

For example:

Aquarium Plus in Seattle, LOTS of positive reviews, yet I have no idea of what they bought and what the store carries. Of course, I could call the store and ask these questions but I can also call the store and ask how his prices are, how clean it is, and etc....

Just my 2 cents.

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodnNuff 2010-07-31, 19:18

Yeah, I would kind'a like to know those things as well. I think it is difficult to trash a LFS without liability issues being raised, so that could be a reason that it is number rating only?
But if your "overall experience" was a 2, why? Or you rate their service a 1, why?

Recently I've had some interesting experiences in our top rated LFS:

1) Normally a clean and very reputable store, the other day almost every tank had at least one dead fish in it - and the owner was there netting fish for customers! He needed to get the dead fish out ASAP IMO.

2) Another popular store, I asked if they has any Celestial Pearl Danios (very popular with planted and/or nano tank owners), the owner looked at me and laughed and said "what are those? Some new designer hybrid?", then turned and walked off before I could respond.

3) And at a third, and sort of my favorite store, I learned no matter how much you trust the owner, watch what they bag up for you. They had two pair of Aphyosemion australe in a tank, these are a small killifish, clearly sexually dimorphic, the females lacking the long fins, etc.
I told the owner I wanted a pair of them, then wandered off to look at the Celestial Pearl Danios. They had a tank of about 20-30 CPD's, and after he'd bagged the "pair" of killifish, I told him I wanted to buy 4 of the CPDs, and he responded that my tank hadn't cycled long enough yet (it had been up 2 months, was stocked with fish, water parameters fine, etc.). I told him that yes indeed it had, but he refused to sell the CPDs to me. Weird I thought (I didn't realize he was a co-owner at that time), and it was almost closing time, so I just paid for the pair of killifish and left.
I got home to find that he had bagged up the two males, and left both females in the tank! I debated what to do - release both males in my tank, knowing I wouldn't be able to catch one without ripping the tank apart, or leave one in the bag overnight so I could return it to the store. I decided to keep them both, go back in the AM and buy the two females and the CPDs he refused to sell. Called them as soon as they opened the next morning and was told they didn't have any female Aphyosemion australe! I asked what happened to the two that were there last night at closing time, they put me on hold, came back and said they only had one.
When I got to the store, indeed, they had two females in the tank, but the entire tank of CPD was now empty - within a half hour of opening! I asked what happened to the CPD's and was told they "must have all sold".
I asked if they sold this morning, and she said no, yesterday we sold the last couple we had. I said look, at closing last night, this tank was full of CPD's! She shrugged and said she wasn't there last night. Something fishy was going on, and no pun intended. I just don't trust people who try to BS their customers...
Ok, that was a rambling rant, sorry.
GoodnNuff
GoodnNuff
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down