Senegal birchir intestinal parasite

3 posters

Go down

Senegal birchir intestinal parasite Empty Senegal birchir intestinal parasite

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-11-17, 15:36

I redently picked up a freebie senegal birchir. I have become convinced it has intestinal parasites. I was going to get coppersafe but luckily I researched and learned treatment with it would kill the fish. Are there any recommendations as to how to treat it?

I also learned that shrimp is not a good food for them, even if they like to eat it.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Senegal birchir intestinal parasite Empty Re: Senegal birchir intestinal parasite

Post  Madness 2013-11-17, 15:41

Epsom salt, remove it to quarantine and treat tank with 1TBL/Epsom salt / 10 gal water. Do a sizable water change in 2 days and treat again.

I also like Parasite Guard by Tetra, it is a wonderful cocktail for internal parasites
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Senegal birchir intestinal parasite Empty Re: Senegal birchir intestinal parasite

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-11-17, 16:21

Thanx madness that was quick. I went and got some Parasite Guard.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-11-18, 22:36

I never thought to treat the little guy for parasites, I thought he was just a bit of a runt. Sad 

He was a typical captive born Sen so I thought nothing of it. That might explain his super slow growth rate compared to his tankmates, even though he would totally gorge himself.

Let me know if the little guy starts putting on size and how he does.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-11-20, 19:41

His bloated belly seems to be shrinking. This is day 4 of his treatment and he is being spunky. I am going to feed him blood worms, little pieces of flounder, and maybe earthworm pieces if he likes them. No shrimp or shrimp pellets. I'll let you know if he starts growing.

Thanx Madness for steering me toward a cheap and effective parasiticide.

Thanx DMD123 for letting me adopt this handsome animal.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down