PokeSephiroth
pocketlama
8 posters

Go down

Craigslist: Free Senegal Bichir Fish Empty Craigslist: Free Senegal Bichir Fish

Post  pocketlama 2013-12-08, 19:42

These ARE NOT mine, I just thought I'd post for general interest:

> Free Senegal Bichir Fish (lynnwood)

>I have 2 senegal bichir, one about 8 in the other 6 in. They were left behind by my roommate I try to keep them but they are killing >my fish. Just a head-up they are aggressive and will eat anything that fit in their mouth.
pocketlama
pocketlama
Fry

Back to top Go down

Craigslist: Free Senegal Bichir Fish Empty Re: Craigslist: Free Senegal Bichir Fish

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-12-08, 22:42

Don't forget the link Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Craigslist: Free Senegal Bichir Fish Empty Re: Craigslist: Free Senegal Bichir Fish

Post  fishyladdy 2013-12-08, 22:52

i just got these guys Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-12-08, 23:09

Nice! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-12-08, 23:16

Nice! Be careful as they get bigger they get hungrier (smaller African cichlids could be on the diet) Even if they are to big to eat the bichirs can hold them in their mouths until they stop moving. The nice price(free)
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pocketlama 2013-12-08, 23:18

The ones from Craigslist? Cool!

fishyladdy wrote:i just got these guys Smile
pocketlama
pocketlama
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-12-08, 23:19

ill probably end up putting him in with some oscars of jack dempseys Smile
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2013-12-09, 00:24

I've been looking to get another one since mine jumped out. Put a good lid on that tank.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-12-09, 00:36

not sure if ill even keep him yet we will see.. but i love him hes sooo cute lol
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tayntdawg 2013-12-09, 04:46

If you don't want them ill take them cuz I was in line behind you if you didn't get them...lol..so let me kno cuz I have big fish and they go good together..but really nice I have a smaller one and an ornate as well!!
tayntdawg
tayntdawg

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-12-10, 21:36

i cant get him to eat Sad i might need to get him a new home. ive tried everything.
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2013-12-10, 22:07

Mine eats earthworm pieces that are still wriggling. Pet shops over charge. The sporting department at Fred Meyers has them in a refridgerator for fishing. They like brine shrimp but it is bad for them. Mine eats frozen bloodworms but doesn't really like them. I'm going to try tubiflex. It also eats and likes little pieces of fish.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-12-10, 23:05

Probably just adjusting to his new tank. Many times they will float on top until they get comfortable. Give him a bit of time to adjust.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2013-12-11, 14:36

On occasion I would go out in the yard to find a worm.. mine went crazy for them. Even ate a night-crawler as long as he was.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-12-11, 14:45

I want to do the night-crawler's but right now I have a small gold dust in with some bigger ones including a WC weeksii whom Im trying to pellet train so.... I dont want to encourage behavior than would get the little one eaten. So I still chop up the worm for them.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-12-12, 15:48

First of all if your bichir is chunky in the middle he can go along time without food. I have many bichirs and several of the ones I kept have gone through eating phases! A healthy bichir can go quite awhile without food. When it is comfortable it will eat. I have one bichir that has never been a (good eater) I have put him in different tanks/switched tank mates to no avail. He eats one piece of food every once in awhile, skinny as a rail, should have died months ago and I just noticed the other day he has grown 3 inches in length. On MFK one guy said his bichir didn't eat for a whole month. Plus the bichir could be scavenging uneaten food when the lights go out. Some people feed them after they turn the light off. They are very active at night and in the wild are ambush predators and scavengers with a great sense of smell. Try putting a couple small pieces of tilapia or shrimp in the tank or a quarantined goldfish
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-12-12, 15:58

My weeksii is a stubborn eater and will only take in tilapia. Im trying to break him and get him on pellets but every two weeks I give in and feed him tilapia so he does not get sick. My Gold Dust is very similar. But my albino sen and del eat like little pigs.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-12-12, 18:29

i dropped some unfertal fish eggs in there last night and he ate them Smile
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-12-12, 19:10

Caviar, that works
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-12-12, 23:02

Mine are so hungry now they eat floating cichlid pellets off the top of the water, blue anchovies, tilapia strips, masavore pellets, squid, catfish, rockfish .He smelled those rotten eggs right away. Don't be scared to put a little raw fish in there the good thing about feeding some raw fish is if they don't eat it you can pull it out in a couple of hours.
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2013-12-13, 11:53

I could feed mine a food disk by hand. Started doing it this way to make sure he got it.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down