ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot

+2
Madness
joebyrd6499
6 posters

Go down

ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot Empty ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot

Post  joebyrd6499 2013-04-22, 10:33

my purple heart blood parrot wich has a hard time swimming to begin with got stuck two nights ago under some deco in my tank i rescued him but i think damage has been done im here asking if anyone knows anything else i can do he cannot swimm or keep his buoyancy and he keeps falling on his side or ending upside down he is breathing but real shallow anything that anyone know that might help would be awesome but i have excepted he prolly not gonna make it
joebyrd6499
joebyrd6499
Fry

Back to top Go down

ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot Empty Re: ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot

Post  Madness 2013-04-22, 12:42

so I'm confused what does a ballast have to do with your fish not doing well?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot Empty Re: ballast problem with purple heart blood parrot

Post  Betty 2013-04-22, 12:59

Ballast like balance and stability? Damage to the swim bladder? I don't have any experience with that, but for a start, I'd make sure to keep the water clean and do whatever you can to make things stress free for the fish, like making sure other fish aren't harassing it.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-04-22, 16:20

Buoyancy is the word you're looking for. And I expect that your fish has an infection of some kind. Move it to a quarantine tank and dose with melafix/primafix and add salt (if those fish can handle it).
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-22, 20:11

blood parrots are notorious for issues with genetics. ive read (actually in the last two issues of TFH) that these guys can have all sorts of issues with buoyancy. i hate to say it but this is precisely why anytime im in a big box pet store i tell people to just stay away from them all together. nothing about them is natural or correct. its just a giant mess of genetics and whatever sticks to the wall is what they go with. i am also curious as to how he is a purple heart blood parrot?.. what exactly makes him a purple heart recipient? many of these fish are tattooed at a very young age and most do not survive very long. im sry to burst your bubble but theres plenty of better fish to go with rather then support those who propagate these overpriced Frankenstein fish
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-22, 21:09

Anthraxx wrote:blood parrots are notorious for issues with genetics. ive read (actually in the last two issues of TFH) that these guys can have all sorts of issues with buoyancy. i hate to say it but this is precisely why anytime im in a big box pet store i tell people to just stay away from them all together. nothing about them is natural or correct. its just a giant mess of genetics and whatever sticks to the wall is what they go with. i am also curious as to how he is a purple heart blood parrot?.. what exactly makes him a purple heart recipient? many of these fish are tattooed at a very young age and most do not survive very long. im sry to burst your bubble but theres plenty of better fish to go with rather then support those who propagate these overpriced Frankenstein fish
BAM!

Clean water, a bit of aquarium salt. Pray!

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-04-22, 21:31

Anthraxx wrote:blood parrots are notorious for issues with genetics. ive read (actually in the last two issues of TFH) that these guys can have all sorts of issues with buoyancy. i hate to say it but this is precisely why anytime im in a big box pet store i tell people to just stay away from them all together. nothing about them is natural or correct. its just a giant mess of genetics and whatever sticks to the wall is what they go with. i am also curious as to how he is a purple heart blood parrot?.. what exactly makes him a purple heart recipient? many of these fish are tattooed at a very young age and most do not survive very long. im sry to burst your bubble but theres plenty of better fish to go with rather then support those who propagate these overpriced Frankenstein fish

Well said.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-04-22, 23:09

joebyrd6499 wrote:my purple heart blood parrot wich has a hard time swimming to begin with got stuck two nights ago under some deco in my tank i rescued him but i think damage has been done im here asking if anyone knows anything else i can do he cannot swimm or keep his buoyancy and he keeps falling on his side or ending upside down he is breathing but real shallow anything that anyone know that might help would be awesome but i have excepted he prolly not gonna make it

How is it doing? I hope it's better. If not, here is a link to fixing swim bladder issues in goldfish (I know not the same fish, but the steps are the same). Good luck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-23, 11:16

i am also curious as to how he is a purple heart blood parrot?.. what exactly makes him a purple heart recipient?

Aren't "heart" blood parrots the ones they cut the tails off of? If so, I'd give him a purple heart!

I hope he's doing better this morning.

Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-23, 13:12

Betty wrote:
i am also curious as to how he is a purple heart blood parrot?.. what exactly makes him a purple heart recipient?

Aren't "heart" blood parrots the ones they cut the tails off of? If so, I'd give him a purple heart!

I hope he's doing better this morning.

WT*? Seriously?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down