+5
shua
lilfishie
Spyral
gobluecichlids
Pleco_Party
9 posters

Go down

I think I have a problem, I think i have a fish dependency problem Empty I think I have a problem, I think i have a fish dependency problem

Post  Pleco_Party 2011-07-03, 17:03

I don't know if its because I lost all my fish or what. But I find myself wanting to spend all the money I have, even the money I have dedicated to bills on fish/aquariums. I know I wont spend my bill money on it but its dumb that I want to. I am hoping that if I get back on my fishy feet and start rebuilding my fish collection that this urge to buy every fish and aquarium I find will go away.

Thank you for reading I just had to get that off my chest. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem lol.
Pleco_Party
Pleco_Party

https://www.facebook.com/christophermbrantley

Back to top Go down

I think I have a problem, I think i have a fish dependency problem Empty Re: I think I have a problem, I think i have a fish dependency problem

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-07-04, 01:08

I have multiple tank syndrome (AKA MTS) and haven't stopped. I am picking up another one in a week.

12 isn't enough...
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

I think I have a problem, I think i have a fish dependency problem Empty Re: I think I have a problem, I think i have a fish dependency problem

Post  Spyral 2011-07-04, 01:26

MAke sure you let me know when you get your tank up and running. I got a pleco for you.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2011-07-04, 01:35

Your not alone...I admit it...I to have an addiction to fish and corals. I want another tank really bad, but I know I cant justify getting it.
Not yet anyway.
I have been thinking about getting a few more freshwater fish lately too.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  shua 2011-07-04, 04:30

just go with it.........
shua
shua

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-07-04, 04:36

I have 3 angels that can't be with anyone else or else things end badly, I could have traded one or two of them for a 30 gallon tank. Couldn't do it. Even though the tank would be very handy right now. Just can't let them go. I think once you get into the hobby if you enjoy it even to the smallest degree you get addicted lol. I have 4 tanks totalling 70 gallons and only 15 fish. And mine are all tropicals, well and one cichlid. I have been forbidden to get any bigger tanks or any additional tanks unless some come down. And no more added gallons lol Laughing
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2011-07-04, 04:43

..i have 7 tanks...about 180 gallons in all up and running.. one of them is not even at my house....

its an addiction,..one that i love!!!

just make sure you pay your bills so you can continue to have a place to store them..and power to run them^_^.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2011-07-04, 10:46

Pleco_Party, the real concern I have about your dependency is "Why would you even want to recover in the first place?"

fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-07-04, 15:17

You are all soooooooooooo correct. It starts out small and grows. affraid I have always had a 55 gal. But over the last couple years, as the different types of fish become more available, the addiction is insane.

I currently have over 150 fish, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 different types(species), with an order coming this week to pick up 8 more species that I have not owned yet. I will also be getting another 350-550 gall tank within the next 6 months.

Currently I have over 1600 gal of water with beautiful water pets living in them. Once the next big tank is purchased, I would hope that it will end. But I know it will continue. I am already looking into the cost of building a detached building in the back yard to give me more room. And maybe scratch just maybe, punk looking into building a tank within the building. Say 3000 to 5000 gallons. punk

I have always wanted to swim with my fish. Hug

Stay tuned!!!!! Spot On
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Pleco_Party 2011-07-04, 17:12

@spyral thank you in a couple of weeks hopefully i will get a 55gal (thats when i get paid again) and i will be looking forward to giving that pleco a new home Very Happy

And than you everyone for enabling me lol Its good to know that other people are as addicted if not more than i am! And trust me when i get an actual house of my own with a garage, I will go crazy with the 160+ gals lol.

@madness I think if i even had the opertunity to buy a 5000 gallon i would have a heart attack lol!
Pleco_Party
Pleco_Party

https://www.facebook.com/christophermbrantley

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2011-07-04, 20:11

At the risk of being long-winded here is an example of my passionate obsessing...!

Geeesh! This Tropical Fish Thing is addicting, possessing and obsessing!

I have 9 tanks set up and 10 in the garage waiting to be set up and I don't have any more room for them! After a 30 yr break from the hobby, I started back 4 months ago. I've been married to my wonderful 2nd wife for 13 years and I don't believe she saw this coming!!! She thinks I'm addicted, possessed and obsessed, or something...BUT, she does enjoy the fruits of my labors and even helps with the lifting and water changes. Now, when we have guests for dinner and I start showing and telling them about the fish, shrimp, snails, plants, etc., she will start talking about them and I just get quiet and let her go at it. She's quite the tour guide!! We usually do a black worm or bloodworm feedings for a show and I believe we could start charging admission any day now!!!

Last night we had friends over for dinner. The last time they were here, we only had the one tank in the living room and he was pretty intensely glued to it and actually spotted 4-5 cherry red shrimp that I'd fruitlessly been trying to see in this heavily planted tank. This time, after dinner we did the aquarium tour and they both were intrigued with all we have going on...the angels breeding and rearing their babies, the recent Krib spawn and associated parenting, the 2 gallon shrimp tank with juvenile shrimplets, the 5 gallon guppy baby tank with one fat mama in it with them.....blah, blah, blah!
Then we played a really long game of Mexican Train Dominoes. Now, the wife in this couple usually goes to bed about 8pm, and here it is 11:45pm and she's yawning (along with the rest of us)! I'm thinking they'll just get up and leave like they normally do when they visit. NOPE! They take another tour of the aquaria and talk more about them for another half hour!

Geeesh! This Tropical Fish Thing is addicting, possessing and obsessing!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down