Angel problem

Go down

Angel problem Empty Angel problem

Post  Ratlova30 2012-05-12, 11:35

Woke up this morning and flicked on the light to my 46gal and one of my angels had one of it's left pelvic fin bitten off. Then I realized my other angel was no where to be seen. Finally found her shoved into some plants, she kept wanting to lay at an angle. I scared her out of her hiding place and then she immediately found a new hiding place.

The occupants in this tank are the two angels, 4 zamora woodcats, 2 dwarf gouramis and a butterfly pleco

The woodcats aren't big predators, getting them to eat food you purposely drop in from of their face is a challenge so I doubt they would want to make the effort to hunt something down that in no way could fit in their mouth. The gouramis can and have gotten nasty with each other but since putting them in with the angels they spend all of their time hiding/keeping a low profile because they're scared of the angels. My only guess is that the angels got nasty with each other. But even that is hard for me to believe because up until this point they've been inseparable. They aren't adults yet.

My game plan is I think I'm going to move the one that seems traumatized to a different tank temporarily and then get a third angel in case it's an aggression issue. What are your thoughts? The only thing that has changed in the tank recently is I did a 50% water change and added a bunch of plants last night. I really don't want to/have the tank space to move the angel out but she's really stressed.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down