Eheim problem

3 posters

Go down

Eheim problem Empty Eheim problem

Post  JimA 2011-10-08, 14:24

Hey guys I picked up a eheim 2075 from Kaosu the other day. I cleaned it up and it looks pretty good but I can't get it primed and pumping water which had happened to her and I knew going into it before buying. I scoured and read on the web a number of tricks to get this going. My guess is it's sucking air from a bad gasket or the intake/output hose. If I tip it over it will leak water from where the head meets the canister IE: bad head gasket? There is also a odd square that was covered with silicone that I cleaned off see picture attached. Not sure what or why it is there but pretty obvious something is missing hence the silicone someone put on it to try and seal? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This has got to be something simple any info if anyone has one of these would be great.

If I fill the canister all the way, seal it up and turn it on it will shoot water for a second or two but once I hook hoses up and try to prime and run water through it it wont pump water just sucks air?

Just read a 9 page euro thread on this problem I may be out of luck?

I returned them to my lfs that I have been going to for years so have a good relationship with they returned the units
And swapped them for a 2180+ media set as I had to buy a fx5 to replace the 2075's whilst they were sent away
My lfs told me that they had been told by Eheim that the problem was with the tap conector locking mechanism
The plastic seals that were used shrunk after about 6/9 months and so started to leak
This problem only affects the 71's 73's and 75's as the 2180/2080 have a different locking system.
I have also noticed that some of the online sellers are now selling a newer version of these filters which makes me think that maybe Eheim have sorted out the problem they are also now selling thermo versions of these filters

Problem is all of this took place in Europe I am going to try the local LFS and see what they can do. Still any info would be great.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Eheim problem Empty Re: Eheim problem

Post  Kaosu 2011-10-28, 03:46

did you ever get it working?

you can try eheim.com they might be able to help you out.

Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2011-10-28, 09:43

I tried and tried to get it going. The water somehow is getting into the head itself. It will pump for about 4 sec then loses it's prime. I gave up on it I just don't need a leaky canister. I am going to try Ehiem just haven't done it yet. They may replace the head from what I have read but these threads are 2 years old now so I doubt they will do anything. Still might be worth a shot.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-28, 15:24

id just call em up anyways. never know they may be able to help you. ive done a similar phone call with other business' and it worked out pretty well. just talk about how you have only used eheim forever and blah blah blah, i imagine they will be happy to help ya. GL bro!
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down