Happy Java Moss

2 posters

Go down

Happy Java Moss Empty Happy Java Moss

Post  Ratlova30 2012-04-03, 11:24

So I had to take out most of my plants in one of my 20gals when I decided to keep my jewel cichlids in the tank. I kept a piece of bog wood in the tank with some ferns on it and then I put his big mossy stick in it. The suction cup on the airline tubing wasn't sticking to I shoved it behind the stick so that it wasn't floating around in the tank. Wasn't sure if the bubbles running against the moss would bother it or not but I left anyways. Well today I noticed that the half of the stick that the air stone is against has grown in very lush and it bright green. And then the other half of the stick that isn't in contact with the bubbles hasn't grown in as well and is full of gunk.

So I assume even with the bubbles agitating the moss, it's keeping it clean which makes it happy. I just thought I'd share as there seemed to be no solution for the poop collector of a plant. I'm going to be putting an air stone under the other side of the stick too.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Happy Java Moss Empty Re: Happy Java Moss

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-03, 12:31

good for your moss Spot On i cant ever get it to adhere or stay under so i stopped keeping it
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down