Go down

goldfish in formation Empty goldfish in formation

Post  VsKitchen 2011-09-29, 10:08

Hi all. I think this is funny and odd.

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

goldfish in formation Empty Re: goldfish in formation

Post  Kaosu 2011-09-29, 19:06

..its fake they got them to swallow magnets...and have magnets under the table..kinda gross,

Last edited by Kaosu on 2011-09-29, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 19:24

Um, I have no idea what they said in the video.

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-09-29, 21:12

yep, no idea what they said either. Very Happy

While yes there are people sick enough out there to make fish swallow magnets (& all types of other animal cruelty), I'm not sure that's what happened. After all my fish are sorta trained when they see me get within so close to the tank to swim to a specific place in the tank. And I've read that some of you have trained your fish to do specific tricks. So what's to say that those people have nothing better to do with thier time than spend it all getting thier goldfish to swim in formation by the hand signals? Smile

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 21:50

I had a "trained" green terror... but his tricks were very simple. If there was a ping pong ball in the tank he would knock it out... he also used to let me pet him....... fish are fairly simple minded though. I also don't want to confuse instinct with training (food always falls here when that person comes to the tank). I have never seen a gold fish do.... anything really its a gold fish. Its just there to be "pretty" or "bring luck". I could be completely wrong though.. I have never kept goldfish, I always saw them as to simple.... not saying its impossible, but.... chances are slim to none to "teach" a group of any fish (even really smart ones like cichlids) to move with that much accuracy. Of course this is just my opinion....

Now to solve the mystery.... what where they saying???????????

Last edited by fish_n_vw on 2011-09-29, 21:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2011-09-29, 21:55

there is a huge thread on aether AC or MFK .. about this video and its a hoax..they are being pulled around..look how they move they are not using there fins to move. Fish can be trained.. but just look closely at how they are moving.

fancy goldfish like that use there tails allot..there entire bodies wiggle when they move or swim at any pace.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-09-30, 04:08

I have a lion head goldfish that is shaped relatively similar to these and Kaosu is correct they have to almost struggle to swim. Mine is lazy and just likes to float at the top because it is a struggle for it. In regards to fish_n_vw there is a thread on here about training your goldfish with food to do certain things. I know it was a youtube video so I am going to try and find it real quick. Fish are slightly trainable, however, I feel I am going to agree with Kaosu about the magnets... Sad
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-09-30, 04:16

Here is their page. There is a wand that rewards the fish with food after it has done something right. Much like a dog. I have seen longer videos than these but the best I could find for the level of tiredness tonight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2011-09-30, 04:46

The lack or tail movement definitely convinces me, I can see it being true with a single tail variety but not a fancy.

I do think training your goldfish could only result in good things, it's a good bonding activity for the hard core goldfish lovers out there. Keeps your fishy stimulated too. I've always wanted to try training my goldfish Dennis.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down