wtf goldfish

4 posters

Go down

wtf goldfish Empty wtf goldfish

Post  Billiethekid 2010-08-17, 05:11

ok so ive been tryin to get a tank to cycle and it finally hit tht point tht its safe for the pretty fish and the goldfish can go.. well i forgot about one goldfish tht had miraculously survived in this tank... it lived thru a spike in ammonia(there was 5 goldfish to start with) nitrate and nitrite so high it didnt register on test strips... literally off the charts second it touched water... and having just got home from vacation i decided to check the water and its perfect... so i move a couple of my red zebras over and spaced on the "super" goldfish in there and he actually chased the smallest cichlid around.. WTF!! hes not much smaller thn the cichlid but hes a GOLDFISH..
anyone have any ideas wtf is goin on??
mind u this is night 2 of 3 cichlids and him and his fins show no signs of bein harrassed and he goes about his business as usual....
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/andrew.arcand

Back to top Go down

wtf goldfish Empty Re: wtf goldfish

Post  Billiethekid 2010-08-17, 05:11

and yes the goldfish is the smallest fish in the tank.
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-17, 06:03

The goldfish is acting territorial... He has been in this tank, suffered thru the tanks worst, so he think its his.... lol..... Your cichlids are new to there home, so of course they will submit... but this is only now.... give it some time, when the cichlids settle in a bit they will harrass the goldfish and he will be the one stressed.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-08-17, 11:44

Wow!
A goldfish laying the smash down!?!

Unheard of!!! Lol
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Billiethekid 2010-08-18, 15:24

so today i woke up and looked in the tank and noticed tht said WTF Goldfish looked more like someone went to town on his awesomeness.. he has been SHREDDED but still alive.. Shocked by a thread... he just earned a free move Neutral lets hope its not too late.. i kinda grew fond of him.. only goldfish ive liked...
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-09-30, 04:23

I have a goldfish that I adopted and has to be kept alone because it will try and kill other fish. Including angelfish twice the size of it! And I originally put it in with my other 2 goldfish and it tried to eat them while they were alive and swimming. They were being chased within 5 mins of putting it in the tank. So it's by itself now. It was appropriately named "Jaws" before I got it. The name has stuck lol. It will propel itself out of the water to get a piece of food that is on the lip of the tank if it sees the food! What is with these goldfish?? Rolling Eyes
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down