Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!

3 posters

Go down

Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!  Empty Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-06-28, 21:51

I have 4 Angelfish. And they don't get along. Well until last night and two are getting along. But I have tried putting different ones together and at least one wants to try and off the other one. I have to keep them separate as of right now. Is there any way for them to get along? I have a 30 gallon bowfront I can put them in. Two are the same size one is on the smaller side and then I have a bigger one. Smallest one is about 50 cent piece sized, two mediums are 2" and then the largest is 2 1/2". (body size) The largest one seems overly aggressive. Even to fish in another tank that sits next to it. The smallest one has started chasing tetra's and platy's that are in it's tank. And the mediums are in their own. I would like to get angels in a tank and tropicals in another. Is there a way to do this or do I just seem to find the aggressive fish? Including, a goldfish that eats others. lol I have the best luck in fish, good looking but aggressive!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!  Empty Re: Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-06-28, 21:56

The platy's in the big tank have stopped breeding because of the angel chasing them. They hide in the logs and plants now. Sad I was getting a new batch of babies almost monthly (2 pairs of platy's) and I haven't gotten a batch or even pregnancy out of either of the mom's for about 2 months now.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!  Empty Re: Another Angelfish question: Why do some people seem to be able to put multiple in a tank and be fine. Mine want to kill each other!

Post  Angelman 2011-06-28, 22:48

I would separate the 2 pairs.. Put one in a 20 high. Pets smart has them for a dollar a gallon.
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-06-28, 22:51

The 2 pairs are already separated in a 20 high. I'm just trying to figure out how to make the others get along. Or put the 4 of them in the 30 gallon and pull the big and small when the pair is getting ready to lay eggs.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  naturalart 2011-07-05, 13:17

Remember that angels are cichlids after all. Young fish will school, but as they get older they want to pair up and kick everybody else out of their territory. Sounds like what you have happening. Maybe a bigger tank 75gals. or better. lots of plants. As for the platys: good luck. Besides being territorial angels will eat fry and eggs. You can also have angels that are 'mentally' damaged.

naturalart
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-07-05, 13:49

They will just have to stay separated for now then. I can't get any bigger tanks. Against the rules lol
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down