Multiple Angel Pairs in one tank?

3 posters

Go down

Multiple Angel Pairs in one tank? Empty Multiple Angel Pairs in one tank?

Post  Nick_87 2014-05-23, 00:45

So I have had 3 angels in my tank for about 6 months now. They have never paired off so I thought I would add a few more to my 75g tank to try and get some breeding action going so I picked up 3 more from Fishlady. I got home today to throw my new fish in tank after a nice acclimation and as soon as I put the first one in two of them teamed up and went crazy on it. Back in the bucket it went as I observed the two for a while and sure enough they pair up just today. I guess it must have been just luck of timing because 2 of my 3 angels were not quite big enough yet to spawn but I guess my large WC yesterday did the trick and threw my female into breeding mode. She is only about half the size of the male too but her belly is nice and plump now for the first time. I put a nice big piece of slate in their corner for them and we shall see what comes of it I guess. Now my main concern here is I have 2 pairs (an Altum pair and a Koi pair) along with a small marble and a medium clown both sex unknown. Can all these guys get along in one tank or when they start pairing off should they be removed to a pair only tank with other kinds of fish besides angels? I wouldn't mind having the excuse to my wife of having to set up another tank so they can all live happy haha! multiple
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Multiple Angel Pairs in one tank? Empty Re: Multiple Angel Pairs in one tank?

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 11:58

I have 5 angels, 2 pairs and a loner in my 75 and there is some bickering amongst males around egg laying but no damage. If they have been fine thus far they should be okay. You just may have to raise the fry yourself to get good amount of survivors if any because the other adults will eat fry.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-23, 12:10

Wow ShortyKiloGyrl. My experience with angels this past 2 years haven't been so fortunate. I would love to see multi Angels in my 140 gallon but for some reason they bicker so much some end up dying. This last time I've been fortunate to house 2 as adults in the same tank. I am raising a 3rd in another tank hoping to eventually add it as well when it reaches adulthood. Before I started out with quarter sized fish but would die off until only one remained.

fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 12:26

I tried introducing one more that was bigger than all the others but they bullied it into a corner so I put it back in the other tank. I'm hoping if I get the 150 set up soonish that I can put enough dither and plants to block line of sight I can have all 9 in the same tank. I'm doubting it though. :/
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 15:58

Here is my 75 gallon with 5 angels. Don't mind the annoying danio in time out. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down