Wolf-Keeper1
Kaosu
Kianna
Doza
protocl
ShortyKiloGyrl
13 posters

Go down

if you had a friend that was an importer Empty if you had a friend that was an importer

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 04:25

if you had a friend that was an importer,and were given the opportunity to have a wish list ,

what would you like to see available?

ive had the honor to get to know some of you from this forum this week,those of you that have come in are aware that i love to have suggested fish,it gives me the chance to learn about other types of fish that people keep and since i order in quantity, i get to learn how to care for them in my shop ,

what would you wish for???

being legal of course

im putting in an order on Wednesday afternoon,,,not sure what country yet,it all depends on the ideas

peace

Back to top Go down

if you had a friend that was an importer Empty Re: if you had a friend that was an importer

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-11-29, 05:07

I'd love to pitch in ideas but unfortunately you are too far away for me to get fish from. By the way. Great looking angelfish.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

if you had a friend that was an importer Empty Re: if you had a friend that was an importer

Post  protocl 2010-11-29, 05:13

Do you have a large variety of angelfishes at your store?
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 09:27

I say Mbunas but i love mbunas to the core and of late i cannot find any wc mbunas for the life of me. We have many mbuna keepers on this site let alone i could only imagine this state..
These are the fish i would be interested in:

I would have to say on the very top i would have to put the Labeotropheus fuelleborni.
Most fuelleborni available to us are mutts and who knows their actual ancestry.. I have seen alot of katales flying around but that is all i see for the fuelleborni and they have some great variants from different locales.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Hora Mhango)
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Nakantenga)

Unknown Fuelleborni.It says katale but its no katale ive ever seen.. I want to find these..

Cynotilapia afra "Hai Reef"

Cynotilapia sp. "white top hara" Gallireya Reef

Cynotilapia afra (Jalo Reef)

Pseudotropheus demasoni (Pombo Rocks)

Pseudotropheus saulosi Taiwan reef

Pseudotropheus sp. "polit" Lion's Cove

Labidochromis caeruleus (Lion's Cove I).... Yes i know just a yellow lab but this strain is stunning.. Butiful thick black strip on the dorsal

Metriaclima greshakei (Albino)

Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kianna 2010-11-29, 11:55

I've been trying to find locally a couple of different hillstream loaches. I see them every once in a great while but only 1 here or there. They should be kept in groups so ordering a large amount would be ideal.

Sewellia lineolata

Gastromyzon ctenocephalus (This is my favorite)

Kianna
Kianna
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 14:13

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:I'd love to pitch in ideas but unfortunately you are too far away for me to get fish from. By the way. Great looking angelfish.

i ship fish to other countries friend,your not to far,,,please play along here it could be fun

i used to bring in 400 to 1600 blue angels per month ,ill most likely order 50 or so this week,along with some koi angels and spotted gar,

peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 17:20

Kianna wrote:I've been trying to find locally a couple of different hillstream loaches. I see them every once in a great while but only 1 here or there. They should be kept in groups so ordering a large amount would be ideal.

Sewellia lineolata

Gastromyzon ctenocephalus (This is my favorite)

wetspot in portland used to bring these in... Try contacting wetspotcx on Aquabid..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2010-11-29, 17:33

You already have what i want ^_^..but
Clarks Feed and seed in Bellingham has these quite regularly

Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-11-29, 18:46

Let us know when the angels come in.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-11-29, 19:38

big fish aquatics wrote:
ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:I'd love to pitch in ideas but unfortunately you are too far away for me to get fish from. By the way. Great looking angelfish.

i ship fish to other countries friend,your not to far,,,please play along here it could be fun

i used to bring in 400 to 1600 blue angels per month ,ill most likely order 50 or so this week,along with some koi angels and spotted gar,

peace

I honestly don't hav the money to pay for shipping costs or else I would. Thanks anyhow though. Smile

But my input is Pinoy Angels!! lol Smile

And I agree with the Hillstream Loach as well.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-11-29, 19:41

I believe from what I understand I already have a Koi angelfish that lays eggs about once a month. She doesn't have a male though to fertilize or the other angel I have isn't a match to her. It hasn't laid eggs or fertilized so I'm unsure of sex. Sad
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-11-29, 20:44

Hoplias aimara hands down. You bring me that fish and I will have a friend that's an importer. I will settle fir the black wolf aswell. I forgot the scientific name for that guy.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 21:54

Wolf-Keeper1 wrote:Hoplias aimara hands down. You bring me that fish and I will have a friend that's an importer. I will settle fir the black wolf aswell. I forgot the scientific name for that guy.

this one?
HOPLIAS MALABARICUS

they are available

Back to top Go down

Post  finsandfeathers 2010-11-29, 22:01

Hypescelera Temparalis - would love to have a big ol' lunker male for my girls.

Would like a couple new species of killis as never got a spawn from a pair that were the newest thing a couple years ago.

Altum angels would be a nice addition to the angels that I already have.

Doza - Have a great colony of Labeotropheus Fuelleborni the original stock were WC, have youngsters available about every 3 months if your ever interested. There has been nothing else in the tank for years except them until recently adding some juvie Acei's. They are all OB occassionally get a solid but they turn out a stunning bluish/purple with orange fins as adults one of these times going to keep some and see what kind of fry I get from them.

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 22:07

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:I believe from what I understand I already have a Koi angelfish that lays eggs about once a month. She doesn't have a male though to fertilize or the other angel I have isn't a match to her. It hasn't laid eggs or fertilized so I'm unsure of sex. Sad

i have over 100 angels now and there is a tank of 30 sub adults that are getting frisky,@ one time i was an angel only hatchery at home ,i was running 18 pairs and putting into circulation an average of 5000 per month ,what a blast,my garage looked like a laboratory,

i just sold my last pair of yearling pinoy breeders,to an Asian man from Renton,

dont loose hope due to shipping ,anything is possible among friends,blue angels are definitely coming ,along with koi

this has been a very fun bunch of feedback

thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-11-29, 22:12

Even though This LFS does purchase all the fishes mentioned, will this be a silent promise to buy from him?
He mentioned that he will take in consideration the species mentioned from fellow members, but if he orders 100 of XXX, sells only 3 of them; what happens next?

I believe, special ordering within a reasonable amount of fishes for a specific person, after that...let's say 10 or 15 is left up for grabs, is reasonable.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 22:25

Kaosu wrote:You already have what i want ^_^..but
Clarks Feed and seed in Bellingham has these quite regularly

oops there went that idea ,,,,lmao

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2010-11-29, 22:36

Sad sorry was not trying to do that Sad,,,they are rather pricey there.
but! that dose not mean you cant have them to!!Razz you are closer to allot more people on here, than Bellingham AND you ship...so Razz Idea still in place
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kianna 2010-11-29, 22:43

Kaosu wrote:Sad sorry was not trying to do that Sad,,,they are rather pricey there.
but! that dose not mean you cant have them to!!Razz you are closer to allot more people on here, than Bellingham AND you ship...so Razz Idea still in place

I hope my wish "fishy" is still being considered. Very Happy

Bellingham is waaaay too far for me !
Kianna
Kianna
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 22:46

protocl wrote:Even though This LFS does purchase all the fishes mentioned, will this be a silent promise to buy from him?
He mentioned that he will take in consideration the species mentioned from fellow members, but if he orders 100 of XXX, sells only 3 of them; what happens next?

I believe, special ordering within a reasonable amount of fishes for a specific person, after that...let's say 10 or 15 is left up for grabs, is reasonable.

great point friend ,and yes i do take into consideration what the odds are of selling a few of the other fish left in a reasonable amount of time .and as i look up the availability i also look up the care info to,,,,the number of fish ordered most of the time is controllable and varies by the size of the fish,,,,

example,,,i purchased 50 elect blue alhi males to test the waters,@4 inch,,,it went well so i got 120 @ 1.5 inch mixed sex,,,i hope that's a bit clearer.

the chocolate cichlid male will be challenging ,but im up for it ,ill check Taiwan,Thailand ,Malaysia ,china ,and the Philippines,so its a very exciting suggestion,and to have some to care for myself will be very welcome

the one fish two fish ,red fish blue fish ,is possible to but the deals like that are within the united states,

no worries i have until mid day Thursday to locate the fish

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-29, 22:55

Kaosu wrote:Sad sorry was not trying to do that Sad,,,they are rather pricey there.

no reason to be sory ,i think its funny ,,,,ive really got to get up there and see that place ,ive heard its awesome...

tropical fish keeping is a hobby to be shared ,if i know someone has something that i do not have i pass it on,im not trying to corner the market ,and i sure didn't invent the fish,,,,,

peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-11-29, 23:09

this one?
HOPLIAS MALABARICUS

they are available

Pm me the ticket please!!
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-11-29, 23:16

The thought of shipping fish and being DOA makes me too nervous to ship. lol Especially in this weather lately. Thank you for the info though. If I make it up that way I will check out your store!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2010-11-29, 23:21

Well I had a list of my most wanted and hit the wrong Mad freakin button Mad and wiped out the list. Forget it I am not typing all those names again. What I will say is that I would like to see some different species of C & S American Cichs. I am so tired of going to my LFS and seeing the same old boring selection. I have NO boring normals in my tanks. (well, I do have Convicts) but they are all uniquely colored. Smile It was awesome to see that you had some Vieja Argenteas. Thats one fish off my wish list. (I will be getting a couple more)

Just fish that are out of the norm is what I would like to see.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  zabelkid 2010-11-30, 03:10

doza hit it right on the money,
Cynotilapia afra (hai reef) and Jalo reef, white top hara, and cobue.
ive been looking for these guys and no one has them i would buy.
zabelkid
zabelkid
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-11-30, 03:31

zabelkid wrote:doza hit it right on the money,
Cynotilapia afra (hai reef) and Jalo reef, white top hara

gotcha fellas,some of whats been suggested is already in my shop

the benefit of buying many at a time,i may get just 4 or 5 varieties a week ,but that's the beauty of asking what the public wants,

so far the fish suggestions are awesome,,i do have 1700 gallons of water now with some real nice fish in there now.im open noon to 8 pm from Tuesday till Sunday.

i believe i have a posting on craigslist with some of what i have in stock ,,,man im tired ,,,,nite

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-11-30, 15:42

Check your pm.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pathfinder 2010-12-08, 04:39

If the wish list is still open, Then Im wondering are you able to locate and get the L260 Queen Arabesque Pleco in stock?

Pathfinder
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2010-12-09, 03:15

those exact type can be found on the river wonders website ,let me know if they are too expencive ,i may be able to get a wholesale price ,i do hope this posting stays open also

thank you

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2010-12-09, 03:17

zabelkid wrote:doza hit it right on the money,
Cynotilapia afra (hai reef) and Jalo reef, white top hara, and cobue.

i have received a wholesale list with these types of fish ,
i will get in touch soon with costs and delivery options very soon
thank you

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  zabelkid 2010-12-09, 21:16

that would be great let me know
zabelkid
zabelkid
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-09, 21:42

are we talking wild caught.. Cause if your importing i would be importing wild caught.!
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2010-12-09, 22:18

not always true,many of these are farm raised ,the wild caught types need to be specified ,

depending on what kind of fish a person wants i can get in on group buys with other importers to help with the minimum order requirements that are specified by certain countries,..

example Columbia has a 2000.00 usd minimum with 70% down for their wild caught rays,and of course my federal fish and wildlife permit
to file the E D E C papers and the 7501 customs forms and the appointment for inspection with the us fish and wildlife,which is getting more expencive each year .it is 150.00 this year and goes up to 186 .00 in january,

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2010-12-09, 22:25

the types your speaking of in this posting ,can be the wild caught variety,

but they are expensive and i do not just randomly order to stock here in the shop,

i go in on shipments with another person out of Oregon

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-09, 22:31

ok yea i understand there could be huge losses if you just kept wild caught stocked in your store and understand that any wild caught fish would be already called for..

Im not ready for any fish really atm i was just throwing out a list of the fish i have been and would be looking for...

Like others have said these are the popular mbuna many ppl like and im sure there are others..

And from the sounds of it there are ppl currently interested...

I will be hopefully ready closer to spring to be doing some inquiring of WC fish
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2010-12-09, 22:50

gotcha,

for the experienced hobbyist wild caught are available ,and i really enjoy the out of the norm type ordering i get to do ,

for the common traffic in here ,there are lots of options ,i still like getting them imported from 3rd world countries ,the fish are mostly farm raised,i get sent cool pics sometimes of the farms.

i sell thousands of koi here and used to from home also.

sure i can get the import japanese koi ,but the locals arround my area are still feeding the harron ,racoons and taking medical advice from employees of chain stores and killing the fish with chemacals,

i sell very beautiful koi from china and thailand @ 1 /3 of the cost of the japanese,

don't get me wrong my 6 koi in my 3900 gallon pond are from Hiroshima and they're all 7 to 8 year old monsters worth big money , I hope you can see the importance of this posting now as to see what the public wants ,i get to learn what kind of experience im trying to cater to in order to be a success for my self and other hobbyist.

i have gained a lot from this posting ,and as always i hope to gain friendships along the way.

thank you

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-09, 23:00

I understood it complete and am actually happy that you would put yourself out there and offer your services. You really have put yourself out there..

I will be happy to do business with you and see how it goes.. Would be puting your years of shipping to the test..lol even though for wild caught would probably end up picking them up in person..

Gland to hear about the gallonage for those guys i feal bad for goldfish or koi being kept in a 55 gallon like you see online so often..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2010-12-10, 03:45

Can you import from All Thailand Fancy Guppies? ATFG. I am interested in some of their strains.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-10, 04:23

Cory wrote:Can you import from All Thailand Fancy Guppies? ATFG. I am interested in some of their strains.

That some good stuff their.. great Guppies.. id love to get some of them..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2010-12-10, 04:31

yes i can ,i believe im on their listings as a transhipper for them ,if not ill make it so,the shipment coordinator in Thai i was working with off of aquabid has lost his license and my new partner is the owner of great betta farm ,,,@ the moment he is in norther Thailand judging a big anual betta competition,when my other partner and i were in full swing twice a month we were moving any where from 6 to 12 , 30 kilo boxes with flowerhorn wild betta ,fancy betta and fighters,guppies and loads of cichlids ,misc other stuff.

we will begin at the new year with what hopefully will be a long lasting regular shipment partner ship.

i have been working off that site for around 6 years i have seen many of the farmers fish ,i have my favorites and im happy to recommend what i see as being the best.

im on my 4th partner there,

also i can get them to wholesale to me if the cost is too high for you /or yes they do seem unreasonable @ times,

i will let everyone know when ive worked out all the details with my new dude ,
also i am happy to have local pickup but i still ask that i get a small percentage of handling and import fee to help me with the fees i pay to file and pick up a shipment ,

o will make a new shipment break down chart for this next year so there are no surprises ,the bigger the shipment the cheaper for everyone ,i do the best i can to get fish for my shop @the same time to share the costs ,

thank you for asking so that i had this opportunity to share with everyone what im about,the avatar number is my currant contact ,if you google Seattle transshipper they have my old phone numbers listed

i will keep you posted

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-12-10, 05:56

What are your Saturday hours?
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-12-10, 09:11

12-8 I was there last Saturday. Very Happy
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down