Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank.

3 posters

Go down

Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank. Empty Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank.

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-19, 20:44

I am researching on the internet. Looking for bottom dwelling scavengers that will do well in this 9.5 gallon set up. The bottom of this tank is 90% covered in a grass like dwarf sword. Some woods and 10% covered in other plants. Cory cats are not doing very well in this set up and have been moved out. I am thinking little loaches? The critters gotta go head 1st and like to pick out blood worms or whatever food that falls.

Any suggestions? Anything that's common and hardy or rare and exotic suggested is appreciated.

Other current tank mates. Pea Puffer , Amano shrimp and a Gold fish (temp resident)  . Parameters; soft water close to neutral. 78 degrees F. CO2 injected. Substrate is eco complete.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank. Empty Re: Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank.

Post  dwarfpike 2014-05-19, 20:50

I think I saw Indian Moth catfish at the Co op last time I was there ... used to be Hara sp., not sure what they are now. They stay tiny though, about 1". Or some close tiny cousin.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank. Empty Re: Searching for ideas; bottom dwelling scavangers for nano tank.

Post  bronzefighter 2014-05-19, 21:07

dwarfpike wrote:I think I saw Indian Moth catfish at the Co op last time I was there ... used to be Hara sp., not sure what they are now. They stay tiny though, about 1". Or some close tiny cousin.

Hara jerdoni, aka Anchor Catfish aka Asian Stone Catfish. Cool little guys, apparently they have poisonous spikes that can really hurt if you try to pick them up? There seems to be a lot of misinformation and lack of knowledge about these guys on the interwebs.
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-19, 21:10

I like this guy! No reading has mentioned poison but I've been stung by some nasty cats before. No fun!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ill dig through Aquarium Co-op's NEW web page (plug Wink ) and see if they have anything like this in stock.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-19, 21:22

Dwarf anchor. I think this is a common name for the Hara sp. Or is it something different?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-05-19, 21:29

dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-19, 21:38

Sweet guys. Looks like Aquarium Coop has some in stock. Ill do some more study  then perhaps run to the coop tomorrow and check them out.

ha rah - jerr don eye  Spot On
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down