An oddball natural lighting question...

3 posters

Go down

An oddball natural lighting question... Empty An oddball natural lighting question...

Post  TheFishPimp 2014-04-21, 23:10

Ok, so I have a 125 in my living room with a western exposure so it gets late sun. My wife noticed how beautiful the fish were as they swam in the few beams of sunlight that get through the glass tops. When she asked why the blacked back I told her in this case tons of sunlight can promote unsightly algae, she suggested just a 2-3" hole(in the paint) placed strategically would give a slow moving spotlight effect with change in angle of the sun...anybody ever done or heard of this as an intentional technique?

TFP

TheFishPimp
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

An oddball natural lighting question... Empty Re: An oddball natural lighting question...

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-21, 23:57

Hmm, sounds interesting. I've tried using spot lighting with small halides and such. But never with natural lighting. Sounds neat if pulled off correctly. At certain times of the day and or year you would have different illumination/highlights. I like the idea.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

An oddball natural lighting question... Empty Re: An oddball natural lighting question...

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-22, 12:23

ooo sounds like it could be cool! Course knowing me id do several smaller ones in a pattern.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFishPimp 2014-04-22, 12:34

Went ahead and did it knowing it's easy enough to repaint black if it blows. Will report tonight after a full day's sun and observation.

TFP

TheFishPimp
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down