So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA

4 posters

Go down

So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA  Empty So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA

Post  Guest 2014-03-27, 20:45

Do any of you think its a good deal... 150 MTS snails  plus extra 25...? i needed to start a breeding colony for my puffer I bought them for 30$ all together after shipping....

Back to top Go down

So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA  Empty Re: So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-03-27, 20:52

Seems pretty cheap, what type of puffer? A lot of puffers have a hard time eating the MTS because their shells are so hard.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA  Empty Re: So i went off on a limb and bought 150 MTS snails off of ebay and 25 extra are free incase of DOA

Post  Guest 2014-03-27, 20:54

I have a green spotted Puffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-27, 20:54

do you think he will b e able to eat them.. :/ idk what i will do with them if he doesnt or cannot

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-03-27, 21:18

I've heard reports each way. I think you'll just need to give it a try. Here is the puffer forum saying not too. But I haven't always found their advise 100% reliable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-03-27, 21:22

maybe ill try crushing them... i did already pay for them and shipping lol should have done more research ... i usually feed small pest snaills..

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-04-03, 14:17

At least with my pea puffs, they'll ignore the larger ones and only go after the tiny 1mm size MTS. I've got a few MTS in the puff tank that are 1-2" and the puffs totally ignore them.
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-03, 15:10

Pond snails (pest) I've heard reproduce fast and my gsp loves them. I just buy some small snails from the LFS and give them to him. He eats pond snails and small mystery snails as well. Let us know if you're puffer takes to them. Mine LOVES his freeze dried krill. I feel that as staples and supplement with snails for teeth maintenance.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-03, 15:36

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:Pond snails (pest) I've heard reproduce fast and my gsp loves them. I just buy some small snails from the LFS and give them to him. He eats pond snails and small mystery snails as well. Let us know if you're puffer takes to them. Mine LOVES his freeze dried krill. I feel that as staples and supplement with snails for teeth maintenance.

Looks like they discontinued membership Shorty.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-03, 16:03

I wondered if that's what happens when I see the name looks like "Guest."
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down