KaraWolf
bassetman
jettej
master chi
8 posters

Go down

Heading to Oregon Empty Heading to Oregon

Post  master chi 2013-08-23, 11:40

Well we're gonna take a family trip to portland, where my Bro in Law will get married,and then we're off to seaside. On the way back my wife has agreed to make a little stop to The Wet Spot. This will be my 1st time there,so I'm pretty excited. I hope there's something there I can either add to my all Male tank,or maybe a group to add for my mom's soon to be ready setup. While at seaside we're going to their aquarium,so I will have pics reday to share when I get back. This is gonna be fun.
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Heading to Oregon Empty Re: Heading to Oregon

Post  jettej 2013-08-23, 11:46

Have fun! I was there last 4th of july i enjoyed browsing even thou. They just sold the last 2 Starlight plecos left. I am planning to go back this fall but for any reason i cannot go. I'll just go do the shipping method. Its cheaper than normal shipping. Goodluck!!
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2013-08-23, 12:09

Jealous of you . I would love to see the wet spot sometime. But it is a heck of a drive from here. I just talk to Anthony on the phone instead.
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-08-23, 15:30

Awesome Smile Beware of the parking though, the lot right across the street from it is NOT for their parking (though the side-of-the-road is ) :/ it's for the bank and you can get towed even if the bank is closed Sad There is a grocery store less then a block over that I've never had trouble parking in the 3 times I've tried it.
Enjoy oregon!!!!
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-08-23, 20:19

Hopefully they have their humidity in check when you get there, last time I was there it was extremely hot and moist! They have one hell of a selection though. And if you can persuade your wife to stop at World of Wet Pets that is also in Portland, OR, they also have a pretty good selection, most of it freshwater. I was actually on vacation to Cannon Beach, OR earlier this year, which is about a 15min drive from Seaside. I have to say, I wasn't much impressed with their aquarium, but its worth doing at least for the experience, same with Wetspot! Definitely not worth that long drive alone, cheaper to order online. Very Happy
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-08-30, 22:21

Well,we're back from our trip.the family all had a blast. My 18 month old had the greatest time. He spent quite a bit of fun time at the beach,he really couldn't stay away from the waves.
As a pisces,I feel he is definitely a huge fan of water,and fish. Which obviously works for me as a dad.
Earlier this year we took him to the seattle aquarium,which he loved. I made sure to share all the photos of that trip. Seasides aquarium however is not nearly as developed as seattle's.
I think my son got more of a kick from feeding the seals,and touching anenome more than anything else.Still we did get some shots,and I will share those later.
We did get to go to the Wet Spot on the way back,and I must say it was pretty darn cool. I didn't buy any fish,but it was nice to see such a dedicated aquarium shop. I will most certainly visit again,probably anytime I head that way,whether for family visits,or karate tournaments.
The store really has a good selection of african cichlids(my cichlid of choice),and just going there has given me at least two ideas for future tanks. So if anything going there was a great inspiration tool.
Anyways just thought I would share..Be seeing ya later folks..MC
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-31, 01:28

Glad you had fun. The Wet Spot is a cool store. I stop in every time I make my way down to Portland, usually twice a year. I come home empty handed most times but totally enjoy looking at the fish.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-31, 01:50

The best store in Washington and Oregon.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  plumcuda 2013-08-31, 04:18

Heading there next week. Need fish ! Thanks for parking info. Husband would be mad if he got towed!
plumcuda
plumcuda
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-31, 20:21

I ordered on-line from them and had no issues, fish came in on time and super healthy. $15 shipping sure beats the $75 in gas it costs me driving down there. But then my wife and I usually go to shop tax free so not a wasted trip. After years of visiting I too just found out about the grocery store parking this last time down.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down