Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) - Also, who here has info on them?

2 posters

Go down

Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) -  Also, who here has info on them?  Empty Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) - Also, who here has info on them?

Post  vancouver_98683 2012-03-25, 00:55

Here are a couple photos of the new 4" True Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy I picked up. Don't ask me why it's called/label this way, but this is what they refer it over in SE Asian countries. Not very many out there I'm sure as most are white / golden variants have black eyes. In short, not true albino traits. I've tried other forum mediums and nobody has given me any info on this.

Most the stuff I found is overseas and if offered for sale, are juveniles. Any adult specimens out there? Anyone here knows of or seen this variant? I've had a gray GG this size and it ballooned up to 13 inches quickly before I rehomed it to somebody I knew. To add, I've seen 20 plus white / golden variants in my fishkeeping days and never seen one with a white sheen and red/pink eyes. Thanks

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
vancouver_98683
vancouver_98683
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) -  Also, who here has info on them?  Empty Re: Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) - Also, who here has info on them?

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-25, 01:44

down here in tacoma the is a store called asia gift and aquarium.they had a true albino 17" get a big tank because i said ohh look a gourami and put my hand towards it it jumped out trying to get me
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) -  Also, who here has info on them?  Empty Re: Albino "Red Eye" Giant Gouramy (New Pick Up) - Also, who here has info on them?

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-25, 01:46

good reference page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  vancouver_98683 2012-03-25, 01:47

True albino with pink eyes? I only ask as I've seen about 20 plus including the ones in Southern Cali and all are the golden/white variant with black eyes. If so, kool! Finally, somebody responding saying that they saw a true albino GG. I need to make a visit. As for a big tank, I certainly plan on it. Thanks
vancouver_98683
vancouver_98683
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  vancouver_98683 2012-03-25, 01:50

aquaman95 wrote:down here in tacoma the is a store called asia gift and aquarium.they had a true albino 17" get a big tank because i said ohh look a gourami and put my hand towards it it jumped out trying to get me

There are many references I've seen on a Gouramy. I had a gray one before and researched extensively. But as per my prior post, was it a "red eye" albino which is a true variant that you saw at that store or the traditional black eye one?
vancouver_98683
vancouver_98683
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-25, 02:41

it might have been white but it was giant im not 100% shure if it was pure is there a difference other than the regular sensitivity to light that comes with most true albinos.and i do recall how light and almost see through whitish pink like a albino
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-25, 03:04

and BTW nice pick up i wish i had space like you
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down