sa/ca question

2 posters

Go down

sa/ca question Empty sa/ca question

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 12:13

how come none of my fish ever show signs of aggression but every video i see of other peoples fish they attack the glass and are killers?im not really into really aggressive fish so i am fine with it.is anyone else's tanks really really calm to?
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

sa/ca question Empty Re: sa/ca question

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-13, 14:55

I think allot of it has to do with how many fish are in the tank.... My tank was fine, a little fighting, then the fish got older, my midas began killin his tank mates.... After I removed, or he killed everyone and it was just his tank, that is when the real aggression came.... He considered the tank his area, and if you tried to come near it, ATTACK! so, I am assuming you just have a "community" and no one calls it theres so no one defends it from you.... I havent seen all sa/ca fish ATTACK anyway, just these,

Red Devil
Trimac
Flowerhorn
Midas
Talapia Butterkoiferi (african River not CA/SA)
Dovii
jag

Thats about it. you have some of these? If they get your your tank to themselfs, beware.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 15:08

i have a 10 inch jag shes now in her big tank/small community with 3-4 ich wolf hybrids and two cons she barely nudges them and never opens her mouth shes awsome, acting but even at stores jags are very mean but not mine ive even tried getting mean fish they just end up being peaceful and calm.i would probably have problems if the tank was small
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-13, 15:19

shes a women! without a dude! that could be the problem..... all my super aggressive territorial fish have been male.... although Ive had a female convict that was nasty, thats cause she was laying eggs though. Smile

What size is your tank? I thought it was only a 75?? My 75 was overrun by my male midas... here is a picture of him vs red devil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 15:23

itis 78 but i just say 75 it has a 28wx40lx16h its preety shallow but good floor space
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-13, 15:30

not too big.... Ive seen a video with a talapia butterkoiferi take over a I think the same size tank...

reminds me of my midas... Sad may he RIP

sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 15:38

its perfect for her and her chew toys (other) fish that never get bit.that is a mean Cursing butti.i love how when you say ohh theres a video about that you always find it
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 15:41

and how did you get to be admin id love that responsibility.im always the first person here
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-13, 16:05

I figure people are too lazy to find the video I am talkin about so I usually just post it to what I am talking about. Smile (Your welcome)

How I got the admin responsibility, More than one reason for sure.... Lets begin with, i was here the first 2 weeks the place hit the net... Ive gotten 1/2 of the sponsors you see on the front, Im the one that came up with chatbox, POTM, Group Buys, and was on here most of the day everyday contributing to threads.... I am a geek, so if there was a big problem, I could most likely figure out a way to fix it.... and finally, Mikey (the creator) is a friend of mine, and knows he can trust me when he needs me..... Mikey is actually the only true admin, He created this forum..... but because he is super busy with school, (he is a flippin genius), he needed someone here to help out if needed.

How you can become admin..... I would worry more about becoming a contributer (donating) then a (Moderator) having tons of knowledge on all topics and contributing to threads in a positive way then (admin) and I think you got allot of people ahead of you there.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 16:17

wow i did not know you did all of that.thats a big part of the community you have created.i never see him actually post probably busy all the time.i know i do i see people here daily who would be great.and how did you get sponsors for the site there is a couple lfs by me that could probably use a little extra advertisment.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-03-13, 16:18

That jag is not aggresive because she has been in community tanks her whole life. When I got her, she was only 3/4". And she started out in a community. She has been with hundreds of diffrent fish in her life. And has been pretty mellow through it all. She was even very docile when she was spawning and the male did all of the aggresive acts.

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 16:27

i love her she will come out swim up eat 4-5 pellets do a lap or two and dig till dinner.i feed her two small feedings a day.do you have any old videos of them breeding on your computer.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-03-13, 16:55

Go look at your other thread, titled why does my jag do this.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-13, 17:45

aquaman95 wrote:wow i did not know you did all of that.thats a big part of the community you have created.i never see him actually post probably busy all the time.i know i do i see people here daily who would be great.and how did you get sponsors for the site there is a couple lfs by me that could probably use a little extra advertisment.

Great! What you should do is go ask for the owner... tell him you are part of a community of aquarium hobbyest in Washington and saw they do some advertising for local fish stores for next to nothing. The banner created works as a link to there website too... If he is interested, have him email me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I will take it from there. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-13, 18:27

im defiantly gonna run it by her when i go in next time.also is that the entire list of sponsors on the portal or is there a list because ill defiantly ask around
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down