Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong?

2 posters

Go down

Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong? Empty Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong?

Post  AE86-Danny 2012-02-29, 15:30

Hey guys.

I am kinda worried right now, i feel kinda bad Sad

So i just plucked the pregnant aulonocara out of the tank, and made her spit her babies into the breeder net.
i put her back into the tank hoping that i didnt stress her out too much and when i look at her eyes they are clouded now...
i am 100% sure they werent clouded before i stripped her, and now they are... i feel so bad!! Crying or Very sad

I don't even know where to start when it comes to letting her heal, what can i do to help her? im kinda worried :/

they don't look super bad, but you can tell they are clouded..

on a side note... aulonocara babies hatched and in the breeder net.
havent gotten a count, im exhausted from removing all of the rocks and wood from my tank.
they look good tho, all of them are wigglers.

AE86-Danny
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong? Empty Re: Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong?

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-29, 17:12

Cloudy eyes have to do with bad water quality, injury or aggression.... Itleast this is what ive read about. No need to add meds cause it sounds like injury/stress.. just let her chill for awhile and hope for the best is what I would do.

Maybe someone else has experienced it before and can be a little more helpful. Sorry to hear about it, stripping can stress a fish out big time, a chance we take to get more babies I guess.

PS. She isnt a pregnant fish, she is a holding mother. lol
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong? Empty Re: Stripped Aulonocara Baenschi Sunshine - Did i do something wrong?

Post  AE86-Danny 2012-02-29, 17:28

sandnuka wrote:Cloudy eyes have to do with bad water quality, injury or aggression.... Itleast this is what ive read about. No need to add meds cause it sounds like injury/stress.. just let her chill for awhile and hope for the best is what I would do.

Maybe someone else has experienced it before and can be a little more helpful. Sorry to hear about it, stripping can stress a fish out big time, a chance we take to get more babies I guess.

PS. She isnt a pregnant fish, she is a holding mother. lol

LOL @ Holding Mother Smile

Anyhow, I struggled to catch her, she kinda pushed herself behind a wall of rocks and the back of the glass and kinda laid there to not get swooped by the net.
i feel bad for her now tho, i just fed the tank and she seemed to have been feeling ok because she was out grabbing little bits of flake food.

she should recover, i waited a little longer this time on my water change because i just setup my 30 gallon sump with the Danner-Mag 7 and i wanted to give
my bio media a chance to really soak up the nitrates.

AE86-Danny
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  AE86-Danny 2012-02-29, 18:25

Her eyes are clear again.
i must of stressed her a little too much :/

Counted 40+ babies Very Happy

AE86-Danny
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down