VsKitchen
Betty
Ratlova30
aaronfeeney
8 posters

Go down

cell phone question Empty cell phone question

Post  aaronfeeney 2012-02-04, 01:13

Who's your cell phone carrier? why do you like or hate them? what's your favorite phone?
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

cell phone question Empty Re: cell phone question

Post  Ratlova30 2012-02-04, 04:56

My mom and I share a t-mobile plan. It's $120 a month for unlimited text and talk. As far as phones we have now and the ones we've had in the past they've all worked just fine, with no dropped calls really but the thing I don't like about them is they kind of jerk you around a bit but it's not too bad. If you do go with t-mobile one thing I would highly suggest is buying a t-mobile phone from a store that that gives in-store rebates(pretty sure radio shack does). The last two times we went through t-mobile to buy our phone off the internet and then the second time from one of their stores and there was mail in rebates and both times they refused to give us our rebates as promised in the contracts and we were out a couple hundred bucks. They just give you the run around for months and months until you eventually give up
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-02-04, 13:45

Verizon.

It's the carrier we've always had, so can't really compare their service with others.

Windows Phone -- HTC Trophy.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2012-02-04, 15:56

T-mobile. I don't have any issues with it (except when I'm visiting my friends out in the country in VA) but my husband swears he wasn't getting the reception here at home that he wanted. So he switched to Verizon, and now his bill is double what mine is.

I have an HTC phone (don't remember name) with a slide-out keyboard (I don't do well with the touchscreen typing). My only phone gripe is that is sometimes doesn't connect to the hands-free in my car. But I don't know if that's my phone or my car...

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-02-04, 17:47

Verizon. Went Verizon because T-mobile, & Sprint had NO service up here on South Hill. (at least my house) I dont have a home phone, I use my cell, so having service in my house is a big deal. Even Verizon is sketchy but still decent service.

I have a crappy phone, no need for anything fancy.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-02-04, 18:16

i have at&t atm. had virgin mobile forever before that. not big on contracts (you end up spending more for the same service???) currently on a 50$ unlimited everything plan. only prob is dropped calls in seattle for me. as for virgin mobile.. i loved it until i ran into some billing issues and had to deal with technical support out of india. then charges went up.. to fund their space program.. lol but overall the pay as you go plans are just easier and cheaper then anything else.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsashleyodell 2012-02-04, 18:51

I have Straight Talk, which goes through Verizon. It's $30 for 1000 minutes, 1000 texts/picture texts, 30 MB data, and free 411 calls. For just $45, you get everything listed unlimited. It's a pay as you go, so the only downside is having to buy their phones rather than getting a free one when you go the contract route.
mrsashleyodell
mrsashleyodell
FishBox Regular

http://www.mrsashleyodell.com

Back to top Go down

Post  czeiszler 2012-02-04, 19:59

We have Verizon,but we are switching to Boost Mobile next month. I have had VZW since 2005 and the bill just keeps going up and they quit offering their unlimited data plan so to get a smartphone I would pay 30 extra dollars for 2GB of data and that eliminates streaming netflix and downloading games because quite a few run off data. So next month I am going back to a prepaid phone. Haven't had a prepaid phone since I had Virgin Mobile in 2004. Very Happy
czeiszler
czeiszler

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfeeney 2012-02-07, 00:50

Thanks everyone
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content