Dumb Question...

3 posters

Go down

Dumb Question... Empty Dumb Question...

Post  Llovsbarbie 2011-02-24, 00:53

So here I am wondering if it is okay if I clean the glass of my tank with the fear of killing my Copepods. I use the magnet cleaner and now realize how scared I am to wipe it down.
Is there any certain way I should clean or is this no biggy. I must sound silly, but I am really wanting to get it populated.
Llovsbarbie
Llovsbarbie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question... Empty Re: Dumb Question...

Post  lilfishie 2011-02-24, 01:46

There are tons of pods living in the rock. If there are any on the glass they will scatter when you run the mag cleaner just from the rush of water from the movement of the cleaner. It will not affect the pod population. Do you have a sump? Stock your sump with them. They will breed there. Feed them phytoplankton.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  Llovsbarbie 2011-02-24, 01:51

No I dont have a sump for my 56 gallon. I just have a canister filter and actually was considering getting a HOB ref. I have loads of rock in there and their own little pile. I also have tiny white coiled things on the glass. Worms I assume. Know what I am talking about and anything to worry over? Thanks.
Llovsbarbie
Llovsbarbie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2011-02-24, 23:44

No nothing to worry about. The worms are good filter feeders, but you will have enough of them that if you dont like them on the glass you can scrape them off.
There should be pleanty of area for the pods to breed, but a HOB Refug would be cool.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2011-02-26, 16:45

If you had copepods in your sump would they travel to your tank and also populate there? Just wondering, I want a manderine goby when it's my time to get SW going
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2011-02-27, 02:50

Adonijah wrote:If you had copepods in your sump would they travel to your tank and also populate there? Just wondering, I want a manderine goby when it's my time to get SW going

Yes they do. That is the ideal way to keep the pod population going. They can reproduce more in the sump becuase its a safer environment.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down