Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida

3 posters

Go down

Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida Empty Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-17, 12:12

I liked this plant combo and wanted to share. Thinking about putting something like this together.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida Empty Re: Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-17, 12:14

I can also make out some sort of small crypt or grass along with Marsilia minuta.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida Empty Re: Aquascape - rotala indica rotundifolia + hygrophila pinnatifida

Post  dwarfpike 2014-08-17, 13:39

That's a good, clean 'scape. I like the fact it's only 3 or so plant types.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-17, 15:26

The picture is definitely a money shot. I may try something simular but I have a large planted log I need to stuff in the tank. My hygrophila pinnatifida is slowly dying back in the 140 so I think I'll pull it before it completely fades away and put it in my 30 gallon....

I am starting to realize that fast growing plants consume viable nutrients that slow growing plants need. Like this hygrophila. It was doing really well until many of my stem plants matured. It's now dying back. Either that I need to step up on my ferts to keep up....
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-08-18, 15:22

Wow I really like the looks of this!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-18, 20:50

Yes it is pretty darn cool. If the back ground plant IS Rotala indica they must be just blasting light onto it with a ton of iron supplement. Or maybe  good photo shop because I've never seen Rotala indica get that RED.

I blew up my 29 gallon and planted few plants that are the same species as  pictured above. My issue is my hygrophila pinnatifida has faded to just a few stems. So I put that in the 29 with some small crypt and Marsilia minuta. So basically 3 of the same plants together as pictured above. I didn't use Rotala as a back ground - yet. Instead used Ludwigia brevipes for now. I also have a good sized log that I had to keep in the 29 (no space anywhere else). I am going to give it a couple months and see how it all turns out Very Happy
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-08-18, 22:20

Nice, I think it should look good with that combo of plants.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down