rotala macrandra mini

5 posters

Go down

rotala macrandra mini Empty rotala macrandra mini

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-09, 11:41

I bumped into this plant at a LFS. Since I have been researching different species of Rotala to me this was a good rare find.

I have it under a 36" Finnex FugeRay + in a 30 gallon with CO2 injection. Per reading the profile of this plant I will start adding iron. Does anyone have experience with this plant? The reading says difficult to grow so I was wondering if anyone has any tips? If I (we) are successful I don't mind sharing what can become a beautiful addition to nano type tanks.

Thanks,
Chad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

rotala macrandra mini Empty Re: rotala macrandra mini

Post  Tormoz 2014-02-09, 20:25

From my experience they prefer cooler water and a little bit more flow than other plants. The only fert I use in my aquariums is this tablet I buy at McLendon's: 10-12-8. No Co2 either, they seem to do better that way.
Tormoz
Tormoz
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-09, 21:29

What do you think is the borderline to temperature? I am at 75 deg F in most my tanks...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  themaryone 2014-03-20, 11:16

If you purchased his pant in the Seattle area I probably grew it. I brought the plant in from the east coast last spring. It likes bright light, CO2 supplement, and extra iron added to the water column, along wit a good general fertilizer, and some water movement. Not any different requirements really than the regular Rotala macrandra.

themaryone
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-03-20, 12:48

Such a pretty plant Chad...I'm sure it will do well in your tank as you have a good aquarium green thumb (now working on a red thumb)  Very Happy 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-03-20, 15:54

Thank you themaryone, I grow many different plant varieties. It seems exotic ground covers, mosses, and Rotala species with mini or micro leaves are my weak point. This plant still has its color, leaves look okay but I swear it hasn't grown an inch in the 6-8 weeks I've had it.

Donna, Thanks. So far this species has been challenging for me. I would like to form a background wall with it in my 9.5 gallon...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-03-20, 16:02

Fish store gave me a couple of starts of Rotala macandra. Beautiful little plant. It will take awhile to grow out. Today is their last day on Roosevelt. They are moveing to Lake City Way.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down