master chi
lloyd378
bassetman
Betty
DMD123
cichlid-gal
12 posters

Go down

BATTLE of the Cichlids - Who rules the Cichlid world Empty BATTLE of the Cichlids - Who rules the Cichlid world

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-26, 19:57

OK...this is just for fun so lets all keep it that way. As you know this forum is rank with big cichlids, little cichlids, plain cichlids, fancy cichlids, and other cichlid lovers. So lets see if we can decide, via positive or negatives WHO RULES the Fishbox Forum Cichlid World. We need to keep things clean so no comments only emoticons are allowed. Here's how it will work.

1. Post up a pic of a fish you think is worthy of votes. This must be a cichlid (for this thread...if this is fun and we like it we might do it for other groups like livebearers, etc). The picture does not have to be of your fish but you must have permission to use the pic or it has to be available for use if its not yours so we don't get in any trouble and/or you make sure to identify where the pic came from and who took it if know ... identify the site, etc. where you found the pic.

2. Identify your posted cichlid as Central American, South American, Malawi, Tanganikan, Western, or Victorian and give the scientific name and location if applicable.

3. Oohhs and aahs are allowed and welcomed. You may also give one single BOO if you feel the need to.

4. Using our great emoticons either post a positive emoticon or a negative emoticon for the fish that was just posted. We will give pics a day or two for votes then we will let the next person post a pic. You will know when it is time to jump in with a pic when you see something to the effect of PICTURE XXX (description) VOTING IS CLOSED...POST UP A NEW PICTURE SOMEONE. And so a new pic is posted. We have to wait our turn and jump in when one picture closes and can be posted. Just be courteous.

5. Winning cichlids (one for each category as well as overall winner) will be posted up at the end of the contest. Winner will be decided by positive votes cast for the pic/fish. Only one vote per person please.

So...I'll go first with a new post below the instructions. MAY THE BEST CICHLID WIN!!!!

cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

BATTLE of the Cichlids - Who rules the Cichlid world Empty Re: BATTLE of the Cichlids - Who rules the Cichlid world

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-26, 20:00

Congo basin? African cichlid - Pseudocrenilabrus Nicholsi

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
From Sam Borstein's Cichlid Site
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

BATTLE of the Cichlids - Who rules the Cichlid world Empty Re: BATTLE of the Cichlids - Who rules the Cichlid world

Post  DMD123 2014-06-26, 20:32

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-06-26, 20:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-06-26, 21:12

Central American pacific slope Costa Rica Rio Tempisque , Paracrhomis Managuensis.

Oops ignore for two days.

bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-06-26, 21:16

Very Happy
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-06-26, 21:38

First pic..... punk 
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2014-06-27, 00:32

cichlid-gal wrote:Congo basin? African cichlid - Pseudocrenilabrus Nicholsi

From Sam Borstein's Cichlid Site
 Spot On 
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-28, 00:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last call on P. nicholsi...votes on bassetmans will start tomorrow Smile
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-29, 07:51

bassetman wrote:Central American pacific slope Costa Rica Rio Tempisque , Paracrhomis Managuensis.

OK...votes are up for this one now...  sunny 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-06-29, 10:25

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-06-30, 00:39

DMD123 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plus One 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-06-30, 10:25

Very Happy 
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-30, 20:19

Bump Bump Bump...bassetmans pic closes tomorrow...and will open for new picture.  Still looking for that fish that makes everyone go WOW...I know its out there but if bassetmans is one you think deserves a vote, get to it, clock is ticking.

cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2014-06-30, 21:09

does the baby hippo count? cuz he gets my vote  jocolor 
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-01, 08:31

OK...picture Tempisque , Paracrhomis Managuensis is closed. Thread is open for someone to post up another pic of their favorite cichlid for voting Smile Only one at a time please...LOL!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-07-01, 08:53

Cyrtocara moorii – Blue Dolphin Cichlid / African Cichlid
Picture from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spot On
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-01, 09:23

Shocked - OHHHHH
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-06, 09:12

Dang...lost track of time due to the holidays. So...picture Cyrtocara moorii is closed. Thread is open for someone to post up another pic of their favorite cichlid for voting.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-06, 10:50

Let's see if there is anybody that are secret Cichla monoculus fans.

Last edited by fishNAbowl on 2014-07-06, 15:10; edited 1 time in total
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-06, 10:52

cheers - 1 vote Wink
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-07-06, 11:52

I love bass, though the only time I tried to keep them, I didn't do it right!

You get a  punk 
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-06, 13:34

Oohhh....ahhhhh... cheers bounce cheers bounce I love you  I love you  I love you  bounce cheers bounce cheers
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-07-06, 14:45

That is a nice looking Bass, someday I will have a huge tank full of them. And a huge tank full of Frontosa. And a huge tank full of Amphs. And a ...............................................Oops sorry about that.

I say  Spot On Spot On Plus One Plus One punk punk beerchug 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-07, 21:35

BUMP for the Cichla...last call if you want to get a vote in it.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-08, 08:20

Cichla is closed. Thread is open for someone to post up another pic of their favorite cichlid for voting.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-07-08, 11:01

I am very new to cichlids, but so far these are definitely my favorite... I think their popularity has declined, but I really enjoy their looks and behavior. The old classic, the angelfish;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(I wish it was my pic, from aquariumfish.net)

I know there are different species, but I won't go that in depth; how does fishbox feel about angels as a group?
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-07-08, 11:20

cheers
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-07-08, 11:27

Clapping 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  star_rider 2014-07-08, 14:50

love Angels ..particularly fond of the Altum Smile

star_rider
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-07-08, 15:57

beautiful!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-07-08, 16:14

Again I feel like I have to point out, this picture is from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it is definitely not my picture... maybe in my dreams, haha. All credit goes to Dr. Tom Bailey, and I have seen many other images of his that were equally stunning. I don't want to get the forums in trouble, so credit where credit is due!
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-10, 19:06

BUMP - BUMPIN THE ANGELFISH - BUMP

cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-07-10, 23:01

Can I keep voting? That Angel is amazing LuminousAphid.

cheers 
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-10, 23:06

Yes...you can vote on every fish that you like, but only one vote per fish.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-11, 18:49

Angelfish is closed...are there any others out there that would like to offer up a beautiful special cichlid species for consideration? Just DO IT!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-14, 13:55

OK...no more takers but I think the Angelfish won based on just entry/votes. Thanks for joining in folks.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down