Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :(

4 posters

Go down

Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :( Empty Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :(

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-12, 21:58

I'm not sure what kind of sickness this is, but it looks like he's got a white patch on his skin, and has red lines around the patch... doesn't seem like his fins look affected, although I could be wrong or paranoid, but his dorsal fin kinda looks...red as well... I'm guessing it's velvet...? Body rot? Fin rot? I... don't... know? Help, I don't want him zombifying my other fish! lol.

He's been in the 100 gallon tank, water has been pristine, with nitrates being no higher than 40ppm, with weekly water changes, and water temps stay at a comfortable 78*F . . . which, now makes me think that it might be too warm for it... if anything, I could transfer him into my goldfish tank, where it stays around 73*F... ahhh what am I to do?

I've got him quarantined in a 15 gallon tank as of now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :( Empty Re: Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :(

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-13, 00:08

Aww man, what the heck?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :( Empty Re: Dojo Loach/Weather Loach is turning into a Zombie! :(

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-13, 11:28

Yeah, I have no idea... the other Dojo loaches look fine. I only suspect that one of the plecos are beating on this one because it's the largest dojo loach out of the others... Hmmm...

Sad I hope he pulls through, but realistically I don't know if he will...
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-05-13, 11:35

It seems to me this likely won't fix itself; if you want to save him it might be necessary to try some medication - like Maracyn Plus or something like that.

Good luck!
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-13, 16:08

Had to put the guy down. He was breathing pretty heavily and wasn't moving at all. Even if I tried catching him, he didn't even put up a fight. Poor thing. I don't know what could have caused it.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-13, 16:16

PokeSephiroth wrote:Had to put the guy down. He was breathing pretty heavily and wasn't moving at all. Even if I tried catching him, he didn't even put up a fight. Poor thing. I don't know what could have caused it.
Sorry to hear that.  Sad 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-13, 19:22

The only time I seen anything remotely like that it was a burn caused by a heater. This was a long time ago on a large Pleco.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-13, 20:37

Huh...weird... I can't imagine thatis what happened with my dojo loach, because I'm using Fluval's digital water heater thingy, that has a protective plastic sleeve, that prevents fish from getting burned by it. Hmmm...
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down