Ever feel like your filter is not big enough?

+8
Chiisai
MorganEA
PokeSephiroth
anderson_p_r
cichlid-gal
ShortyKiloGyrl
dwarfpike
DMD123
12 posters

Go down

Ever feel like your filter is not big enough? Empty Ever feel like your filter is not big enough?

Post  DMD123 2014-04-30, 12:37

Ever feel like your filter is not big enough?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
picture from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Ever feel like your filter is not big enough? Empty Re: Ever feel like your filter is not big enough?

Post  Guest 2014-04-30, 12:39

Shocked  LMFAO

Back to top Go down

Ever feel like your filter is not big enough? Empty Re: Ever feel like your filter is not big enough?

Post  dwarfpike 2014-04-30, 12:45

Filter ... or shop vac???  lol! 
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-30, 12:56

haha I thought 660 gph on my 75 gallon tank was over kill!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-30, 15:52

You could ride that puppy...really  affraid lol! 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2014-04-30, 15:57

Not fish related, but it reminded me of this:
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-30, 16:00

Its rated for ponds up to 7,800 gallons in volume, it also has two 25 watt integrated UV sterilizer.

I guess its called the 100 because the internal volume is 100 L, that's like 26 gallons. Bigger than some of the members fishtanks here!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-30, 17:55

DMD123 wrote:Ever feel like your filter is not big enough?  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
picture from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! 

That's probably .... *PROBABLY*, good enough for a 1 gallon Betta setup. Smile . . . Probably.  haha 
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-30, 18:01

Its funny how a lot of debates go on about the better of the two filters when it comes to big tanks. Usually its the debate of FX5/6 vs. Eheim 2262. Why not throw something like this into the mix? Its flow and capacity would blow those 'little' filters away.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-04-30, 18:02

now that's a filter! would be good if you kept gold fish.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-05-01, 10:04

DMD123 wrote:Its funny how a lot of debates go on about the better of the two filters when it comes to big tanks. Usually its the debate of FX5/6 vs. Eheim 2262. Why not throw something like this into the mix? Its flow and capacity would blow those 'little' filters away.

No need for power heads/wave makers either. Just hook that bad boy up to you 40-70gal tank and its a mini amazon river lol
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-05-01, 21:37

Oddly enough I think I'll be bringing in the Sicce whale filters. Been doing lots of research on them lately. They have an eheim like build quality to their products.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Denizaari 2014-05-01, 23:06

I heard today that the sicce rep was over at Sierra. They did a demo. I guess the price point is around $150. Not bad. Would live to learn more about them.
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-05-02, 06:44

Watching the Sicce video in the link from reefbuilders they do appear to be a lot like the Eheim and Filstar canisters.  I didn't see a spraybar though ... only the directional output tube  Sad .  Also the way they load the media is a little different in that there is no mechanical (sponge) as the last layer (or top layer) before the impeller.  They loaded biomedia only in their final basket.  All setups I run have a sponge as the final layer to keep those last few particles out of the impeller.  It would be fun to check it out though and see how it runs overall.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2014-05-02, 10:29

Hmm.. Now i'm gonna have to do more research on the Sicce Filters.. Maybe get rid of my wet/dry and FX5's and run one of those bad boys on the 300.. Smile
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-02, 11:15

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Oddly enough I think I'll be bringing in the Sicce whale filters. Been doing lots of research on them lately. They have an eheim like build quality to their products.
Saw those too, looks to be well built. As long as they dont have the Eheim price.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-05-02, 13:10

cichlid-gal wrote:Watching the Sicce video in the link from reefbuilders they do appear to be a lot like the Eheim and Filstar canisters.  I didn't see a spraybar though ... only the directional output tube  Sad .  Also the way they load the media is a little different in that there is no mechanical (sponge) as the last layer (or top layer) before the impeller.  They loaded biomedia only in their final basket.  All setups I run have a sponge as the final layer to keep those last few particles out of the impeller.  It would be fun to check it out though and see how it runs overall.

Couldn't you run the media with your own arrangement? I didn't find the video so I didn't see how the media is setup in the whale filter, is there something stopping someone from putting foam in the last stage before the impeller?
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-05-02, 20:09

MRTom wrote:
cichlid-gal wrote:Watching the Sicce video in the link from reefbuilders they do appear to be a lot like the Eheim and Filstar canisters.  I didn't see a spraybar though ... only the directional output tube  Sad .  Also the way they load the media is a little different in that there is no mechanical (sponge) as the last layer (or top layer) before the impeller.  They loaded biomedia only in their final basket.  All setups I run have a sponge as the final layer to keep those last few particles out of the impeller.  It would be fun to check it out though and see how it runs overall.

Couldn't you run the media with your own arrangement? I didn't find the video so I didn't see how the media is setup in the whale filter, is there something stopping someone from putting foam in the last stage before the impeller?

I'm sure you could do your media any way you like....I just wondered if they had a reason for their setup. It wasn't mentioned in the video.

cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-05-02, 20:30

Oooh, I love that disconnect action! And great looking hinges. That is an exciting filter!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-05-23, 19:47

Sicce Filters arrived in store today. I've had one running on my 93 gallon cube at the shop for about 3 weeks now. I'm impressed. A little harder to prime than they'd lead you to believe.

I also like the output. It's more like a glass lilly pipe for planted tanks than a spray bar. I also like the sponges in the canister. They start at like 10ppi an go up to 30ppi before it gets to the impeller etc.

Another cool thing is the warranty on the motor block. 3 years, and then an additional 2 if you register your filter online. so 5 year warranty on the motor. As a retailer I like this because it only applies if you buy it from a local fish store. No warranties provided if it's bought online Very Happy

Prices:
Whale 1: $96.99
Whale 2: $115.99
Whale 3: $155.99
Whale 4: $214.99
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down