+5
optykal
bronzefighter
hobbyorobsession
DMD123
iandraco
9 posters

Go down

national geographic aquarium products at petsmart Empty national geographic aquarium products at petsmart

Post  iandraco 2014-04-21, 13:43

stopped by petsmart this weekend and noticed a lot of new products under the national geographic brand. the canister filters caught my eye. they look exactly like my Eheim Ecco. flipped the box over and sure enough. Made in Germany. i'm guessing they're rebranding other products under the national geographic name. saw some heaters that look like Eheim Jagers too. also made in Germany. interesting.
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

national geographic aquarium products at petsmart Empty Re: national geographic aquarium products at petsmart

Post  DMD123 2014-04-21, 13:53

The resemblance to eheim stuff is pretty evident
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I noticed that some of the Top fin stuff was being cleared out to make room for the new Nat. Geo. stuff. I picked up a 150 watt heater for $14.07. This is a great deal considering its a pretty open warranty. It basically says if you dont like it you can return it. I will save my receipt for sure but thats basically a lifetime warranty since they dont really stipulate a time frame.

I was purchasing some gravel and notice a nice small gravel by Nat. Geo. that was larger than sand but not as big as the normal Petsmart stuff. Was kind of interested in it but the Petsmart stuff was on sale so got it instead.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

national geographic aquarium products at petsmart Empty Re: national geographic aquarium products at petsmart

Post  DMD123 2014-04-21, 14:06

I would love to see a Nat. Geo. line of Classic Eheims, 2217 & 2262
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  iandraco 2014-04-22, 09:33

DMD123 wrote:I would love to see a Nat. Geo. line of Classic Eheims, 2217 & 2262

me too. love my 2217 the most.
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-22, 11:37

With this rebadged stuff there is a good possibility that we can get Eheim quality stuff at some good sale prices. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-04-22, 12:39

Those are not visually pleasing at all.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-22, 12:47

hobbyorobsession wrote:Those are not visually pleasing at all.

None of the Eheim stuff is to me looks good with the horrible green. The Nat. Geo stuff is at least black and looks more modern.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  iandraco 2014-04-22, 18:40

DMD123 wrote:
hobbyorobsession wrote:Those are not visually pleasing at all.

None of the Eheim stuff is to me looks good with the horrible green. The Nat. Geo stuff is at least black and looks more modern.

very true, but the work great. i also prefer the black nat geo color.
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-22, 18:45

Wow my grammar is bad! I have been on the computer way too long today.  Shocked 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-04-22, 19:13

I noticed these the other day. The Nat Geo canister is an exact copy of the Eheim Ecco. I wonder if these are going to be the same quality as Eheim branded stuff though.
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  optykal 2014-04-29, 21:15

I bought one of the powerheads today, it has an Eheim warranty card for it...

optykal
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  iandraco 2014-04-30, 08:51

like i said, the back of the box says made in Germany. i'm guessing they're maid by eheim in their factory and rebranded for nat geo...........at least that's what i hope is going on.
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2014-04-30, 14:23

I thought eheim moved from Germany to whereever, did they go back to Germany?

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-04-30, 14:32

I wonder what their LEDs are like. they have a programmable one that starts at $80
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-30, 14:41

The LED's say they have 'tubes'. This reminds me of the Aqueon design but these look like they have a better built case and not have the replaceable 'module' styling. Wonder who make this one....  scratch 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-04-30, 14:50

DMD123 wrote:The resemblance to eheim stuff is pretty evident
(SNIPIT)

I was purchasing some gravel and notice a nice small gravel by Nat. Geo. that was larger than sand but not as big as the normal Petsmart stuff. Was kind of interested in it but the Petsmart stuff was on sale so got it instead.

I actually bought that gravel/sand for my 25gal in my hotel room. I think i like it better than sand, and is a bit more dense then gravel. I mixed it with flourite so the plants have something a bit more natural to dig their roots i to. The only thing thats even remotely negative is it really needs to be hosed down. It has no residue, but seems to grasp onto air and floats to the surface. So if you get this stuff, spray it down as you put it in to avoid air bubbles and random clumps floating to the surface Very Happy 
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-30, 15:01

I saw one of the 'gravel' they had and it was a perfect size. Not really sand but just a bit bigger.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-05-01, 16:40

iandraco wrote:like i said, the back of the box says made in Germany.  i'm guessing they're maid by eheim in their factory and rebranded for nat geo...........at least that's what i hope is going on.

No, see the box was made in Germany. That's why the box is labeled as such. Nothing like high-quality German cardboard  lol! 

But seriously, if Eheim is selling the same quality equipment in a big box store... I like that!
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-01, 17:39

bronzefighter wrote:
iandraco wrote:like i said, the back of the box says made in Germany.  i'm guessing they're maid by eheim in their factory and rebranded for nat geo...........at least that's what i hope is going on.

No, see the box was made in Germany. That's why the box is labeled as such. Nothing like high-quality German cardboard  lol! 

But seriously, if Eheim is selling the same quality equipment in a big box store... I like that!

Doesn't petco still sell eheim canister filters? I know they sell eheim skimmers and the eheim automatic feeders.
Maybe eheim is catering to petsmart customers under Nat Geo. Hah. Genius. Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-01, 18:19

Yep different name makes for a no compete situation. This could work out good when it comes to sales.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-05-01, 18:47

DMD123 wrote:Yep different name makes for a no compete situation. This could work out good when it comes to sales.

Exactly. Even though it is an exact copy of an Ehiem Ecco, because it's a different SKU there is no way to price match against competitors. Though, it is funny that you can buy both an Eheim Ecco or the equivelent NatGeo CF filter on Petsmarts website.
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down