National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest

2 posters

Go down

National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest Empty National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-01, 13:03

If you haven't seen this yet...you have a chance to help give a mystery fish a new identity—and for one lucky contest winner, a chance to go on a ten-day trip to the Galápagos. The contest runs from July 31 to August 26, 2013.

Go to this link and scroll to the bottom (read the article though...fascinating) to enter...and good luck everyone.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/07/130731-name-this-fish-contest-exploration-pristine-seas-science/
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest Empty Re: National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest

Post  Anthraxx 2013-08-01, 13:13

neat little article. with a little reasearch into local / mayan ancestry im sure you could come up with something neat. considering they worshipped the sun and this guy looks full of sunlike colors Razz.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest Empty Re: National Geographic - Name that Fish Contest

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-01, 13:15

Beautiful little fish huh? And those are great ideas Anthraxx...I'd love to see what everyone comes up with.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone we knew won...I think we have some really talented and knowledgable folks on this forum. Someone needs to do it!!! Best of luck EVERYONE.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-08-01, 13:20

from what i read most ppl seem to be ripping off other prexisting common names.. tangerine sunrise, etc.. ill definitely do a little legwork and come up with something myself. actually have a cpl older nat geo's that have some in depth articles on the mayan calendar and such.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-01, 13:29

Well I couldn't read the other names as I couldn't open the older posts. The only one I could see was the last name posted. I did see there were already over 2000 entries so there is bound to be duplication. It will probably come down to 1st come 1st served on the best name that the judges like.

cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down