Angle fish behavior

3 posters

Go down

Angle fish behavior Empty Angle fish behavior

Post  Dan 596 2013-11-15, 19:07

Presently I have six angles in a 55 gal. A couple of weeks back they had appeared to have all paired up and one of the pairs laid eggs. This was their first spawn so I wasn't surprised when the eggs became caviar a bit over 24 hours later. At the point of the spawning everything seemed pretty normal and the three pairs divided the tank into thirds and stayed in their own territory for the most part.

Now there is one pair that is dominating the other four and attack them any time they leave the third of the tank where they are allowed to exist. The dominant pair shows no signs they intend to spawn (no cleaning any area, or ovipositor showing) to explain they aggressive behavior. Can someone shed some light on the behavior? All was good until the pair spawned now there is constant fighting.

Thanks

Dan 596
Fry

Back to top Go down

Angle fish behavior Empty Re: Angle fish behavior

Post  Madness 2013-11-15, 19:16

That is a Cichlid for you. There is nothing you can do except increase the size of tank, or remove the angry pair. Sometimes you get lucky and pairs can coexist but most times it doesnt work well.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-11-15, 20:20

Good call Madness.
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan 596 2013-11-15, 23:17

Angel and Madness, Thanks for the help. I'll move them to my quarantine tank tomorrow to hold until I can get them to my LFS for a sale or trade.

Dan 596
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down