bassetman
MRTom
Lamental Jester
Aquarium Co-Op
18 posters

Go down

Fast Food Thread Empty Fast Food Thread

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-05, 04:18

It seems I'm always trying to figure out what to grab for lunch quick! I bring my lunch/dinner to the shop most days. But on the way back from the wholesalers I'll grab something to eat.

It seems like prices are getting crazy high for fast food. Dollar menus are almost extinct! If I get a meal at Taco bell it's $7!

So my latest fad would be a cheeseburger from Mcdonalds. Ask for no pickles and add Big Mac sauce. $1.30 bliss! My other go to lately is a polish dog from Costco. $1.50 for a large dog and a soda! 

It's not that I'm super cheap. It's just that if I was gonna spend $7 on lunch, I'd grab a sit down meal for a little more. Anyone else got some fast food favorites? Seems like I've been in a big slump lately.

Even Taco Time is old for me... I know, impossible...
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Fast Food Thread Empty Re: Fast Food Thread

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-05, 04:22

Jack in the Box munchie meal FTW!!! Only available after 9pm though
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-05, 04:24

Yeah, I haven't gotten a munchie Meal yet. I always end up at fast food at like 8:30 after the shop closes and I'm starving! Usually I get to have dinner at home waiting for me though Smile

Although I do love that they brought back the MONSTER TACO!
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-11-05, 05:36

The main staple of my diet is the chorizo burrito at memo's in Everett (try the regular first, then breakfast). It is so good, I will drive an extra twenty minutes north from Mukilteo to Everett to buy this on my way to work in Redmond. And for $4.50, I can get two a day. They also have fabulous fish tacos, and a crazy steak and eggs burrito. Did I mention they open 24/7? And a drive thru!

A bit closer south, I like the drive thru tortas at el rinconsito (they are all over the place). These are a bit pricier at 5 or 6 bucks? But most locations have drive thru and you can find them everywhere.

Another great option is Ezell's. Some days (I think it is Mondays) they have an old time special of two pieces of chicken and a dinner roll for $1.50. I think their new Bothell location even has drive thru!

My other late night munchies staple is Henry's donuts. I hear only a single guy would consider donuts a key part of a healthy diet, but I can't help it. They open 24/7 and I can get my donut fix for a buck of desperate. This usually happens after a trip to memo's Smile

Besides that, Wendy's dollar menu is nice, and the burger king by my office has 1am service Smile but I usually end up in one of the places above instead.

Sigh... I was about to go sleep... now I'm heading to memo's for the third time today...
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2013-11-05, 08:25

No fast food at all within thirty miles of Pomeroy. It is a big night taking the kids for happy meals. With the hour to and fro and the food itself and fast food is a sixty dollar outlay at minimum......faster just to make burgers at home.....lots cheaper to.
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-05, 16:32

I love chipotle and their huge burritos only cost 6$
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-05, 16:36

MorganEA wrote:I love chipotle and their huge burritos only cost 6$
I was gonna post the South Park "Chipotlaway" Billy Mays commercial but realized it's probably not appropriate, hahaha
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-05, 16:55

LMFAO  best commercial ever!!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-11-05, 18:22

bassetman wrote:No fast food at all within thirty miles of Pomeroy. It is a big night taking the kids for happy meals. With the hour to and fro and the food itself and fast food is a sixty dollar outlay at minimum......faster just to make burgers at home.....lots cheaper to.
Amen. My wife is a fantastic cook; she spoils me rotten every day by making me sandwiches for lunch and something tasty for dinner. Smile cheers

When we do burgers she makes the patties and all the other hard work and I do the danger-cooking. With about 45 minutes required to get the charcoal grill going, it's not exactly "fast food" (except for on a geological time scale), but it sure is tasty.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-11-05, 19:16

When I was in college I would keep rolls and butter in my truck and just buy fresh sliced deli meat every day and make sandwiches. I kept a pack of soda and some chips or something to go with it. It was a cheap and easy way to have a deli sandwich lunch cheap on the go. Any where there was a grocery store I could get lunch for a couple bucks a day. I totally agree with you on fast food cost.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-06, 05:24

MRTom wrote:The main staple of my diet is the chorizo burrito at memo's in Everett (try the regular first, then breakfast). It is so good, I will drive an extra twenty minutes north from Mukilteo to Everett to buy this on my way to work in Redmond. And for $4.50, I can get two a day. They also have fabulous fish tacos, and a crazy steak and eggs burrito. Did I mention they open 24/7? And a drive thru!

I 2nd memos! Their ever-popular Washington Burritos are goooooood, and their enchiladas are bomb. 'nuff said.
Also, you can't go wrong with my Filipino Spaghetti, Hum Bao, and other filipino food. But you only get to eat that one days I feel like cooking. Heh.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-11-06, 06:46

I myself LOVE dicks... wow that's soo weird to say.....but come on now dicks is bombbbbb XD
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-06, 06:48

I dunno... their burgers taste like regular cheeseburgers from McDonalds Sad . . . .their milkshakes on the other hand... <3
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-11-06, 06:50

I could eat there fries dipped in there milk shakes alllll day lol
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-06, 10:21

YUM. Yes, that's a great combination right there. I used to do that with McDonalds fries and their ice cream, until people started getting weirded out (tastes great with chicken nuggets too LOL).

Anywho, back to the topic:

Cory, why don't we just split an order of Pesto Cheesy Bread from Venice Pizza? We basically just end up paying like $2.75 each, which isn't too bad for a meal, I'd say.

For some reason, whenever a friend or someone I know, eats at Jack in the Box, they either throw it all back up, several hours later (more so, if they eat their burgers).... Now, I've never experienced this myself, but I'd rather not take my chances. Especially after what my mom told me when she used to work at JintheB a looooooooooong time ago (in a galaxy far far away). She saw one of the employees use the bathroom, and when they got out, they didn't wash their hands. Yeah....no. Ecoli is bad.

So, since then, I've developed this paranoia from JintheB, even though there are so many chains out there, the likelihood of something like that happening again is very slim to none...BUT... like I said before, everyone I've known that has eaten at JintheB have had monsterous bathroom disasters to say the least after eating there. :\

Taco Bell is a good alternative, as they're slightly more affordable than Taco Time. However, you get what you pay for. I tend to prefer Taco Time more, than Taco Bell, but that's because I grew up on Taco Time, more than I did with Taco Bell, and that pesky Chihuahua ad campaign they did a long time ago was just. No.

Subway, is a nice alternative...they "use fresh ingredients" and yes, I guess it's "fresh" . . . and their $5 footlongs aren't so bad of a price (compared to other high priced items from other Fast Food restaurants). And depending on what you order, you can keep it "healthy" orrrr not.

Shoot, Fast Food is evil though Sad. . . I remember when I was a toddler, I was SKIIIIIIIIIINNY and a picky eater, and the only thing my parents could feed me, was McDonalds. Well, I got FAT. Almost reaching up to 200lbs in my Middle School days. That changed, and now I hover at around 150-170lbs (or something) . . . . I don't eat fast food that much these days, but I get cravings here and there.

TLDR? - (tsk tsk...lazy.)

- Avoid Jack in the Box. Ecoli.
- Memos (best of both worlds) > Taco Time (Expensive but good) > Taco Bell (More affordable, but meh) > j00
- Subway, mmmmm....
- I was raised on Fast Food, got fat. Stopped eating as much Fast Food, and now I'm not as fat. Just really really out of shape. Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-11-06, 11:42

I am going to equate fast food to the fish section at Walmart: you pay for what you get. I would much rather go to the LFS and shop a good deal. Hence memo's and Henry's, or even rinconsito or pickle time (one just opened near my place). That said, sometimes you can get a good deal at petco, and at burger king or other chains. For example, if driving through Enumclaw and having a case of the burger munchies... Definitely stop into Carl Jr's for a superstar. I'm sure there are better options, but that one is quick and easy.

And getting back to the topic, if you're ever in downtown Everett, the falafel kiosk across the arena is a find for a couple bucks! Also, the monster slices at Brooklyn bros pizza are a great deal too. Aaand... I love me some Dick's every now and then too!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-06, 13:38

fishyladdy wrote:I myself LOVE dicks... wow that's soo weird to say.....but come on now dicks is bombbbbb XD
I'm actually not impressed with Dicks, way over hyped... their only redeeming quality I think is that they are dirt cheep... and their fries, me and my friends usually skip the burgers and just get several orders of fries
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-11-06, 13:41

They are totally overhyped... but after a night of binge drinking (kids, don't try this at home) and spending all your money on drinks and tips... to be able to eat a burger with the loose change you found on the side of the street is a godsend. That experience will make anyone a diehard fan. I think that's the genius of Dick's. When I lived in capitol hill and walked by Dick's, I remember we would drop a nickel on the sidewalk to the "community pot". Wonder if that tradition is still around!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-06, 13:44

i haven't noticed a community pot, just a lot of beggers
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-06, 14:00

MMMMM Burgerville. That being said I really want to buy a gallon of their sauce take it home and have a good bbq. And also the closest one to me is centrailia >> they're everywhere south of there but nowhere in seattle 0.o Every time we go visit family we end up stopping for delicious bare bones hamburgers with lots of fattening sauce. And sweet potato fries if they're in season.
Also love tacobell. Bean burritos with fire sauce, loaded potato burritos piping hot and though it's hard to spot on their menu the grilled steak soft tacos are amazing. When they quit carrying the fire sauce near me I sent everyone who would on a hunt for one that had it and to bring me back some XDD Now I have a canister full of random hot sauces LOL

Used to like wendys. But now everytime I go I'm dissapointed because I want spicy chicken nuggets and they now make they very weakly spicy. Sad
Subway is delicious(SPICY ITALLIAN for the win!) but not usually 5$ any more.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-11-06, 15:01

For those close to them, Burger Madness is the best burgers I've found in this area. Only two locations though (Monroe and South Seattle-ish). Beef that actually tastes like grass fed beef, marinated ... so good. A little on the spending side though, they start at $5.99.

I avoid Dick's though, since they insist on putting disgusting stuff on their burgers and refuse to make 'special orders'. A perfect burger joint starts with only cheese and bacon IMO, then you can add what you want to it.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-06, 15:33

When it's cold out. I like Wendys Chili. It's hearty and fills me up.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2013-11-06, 15:43

I found red mill burger is the best for me! ^_^
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-06, 17:30

I liked Wendy's chili until I found a pepper packet inside it... Now I make my own chili
Fast Food Thread 99852210
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-11-06, 17:36

dwarfpike wrote:For those close to them, Burger Madness is the best burgers I've found in this area. Only two locations though (Monroe and South Seattle-ish). Beef that actually tastes like grass fed beef, marinated ... so good. A little on the spending side though, they start at $5.99.

I avoid Dick's though, since they insist on putting disgusting stuff on their burgers and refuse to make 'special orders'. A perfect burger joint starts with only cheese and bacon IMO, then you can add what you want to it.
Its all in the name. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2013-11-06, 17:42

Herfy's and Five Guys have a lock on the best "fast food" burgers. Not cheap......but darn good. Herfy's fries are far superior to just about everything out there, while Five Guys fries are awful. I try to avoid FF but these are the places I prefer for the occasional treat.

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-11-06, 20:48

Madness wrote:
dwarfpike wrote:For those close to them, Burger Madness is the best burgers I've found in this area. Only two locations though (Monroe and South Seattle-ish). Beef that actually tastes like grass fed beef, marinated ... so good. A little on the spending side though, they start at $5.99.
Its all in the name. Very Happy
Heh.

Flyfalcons wrote:Herfy's and Five Guys have a lock on the best "fast food" burgers.  Not cheap......but darn good.  Herfy's fries are far superior to just about everything out there, while Five Guys fries are awful.  I try to avoid FF but these are the places I prefer for the occasional treat.
That's wierd, I hear tell from people I know that Five Guys burgers are bad but their fries make it worth going. Blazing Onion burgers are good too, but they are more a sit down place.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-08, 03:04

All this talk of fast food has me craving for Wendy's. I already have a burger and fries from a sit down restaurant, BUT I STILL CRAVE FOR WENDY'S... yay for Fries, Spicy Chicken Nuggets, and Chili from Wendy's. Yay. Now all it needs is a dousing of Sriracha Sauce.

Fast Food Thread 20131112
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-11-08, 16:03

To bad they don't have In n Out up here in Washington but everyone's got to love Dick's right? Not a fast food chain but my favorite burgers of all is at The Ram!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2013-11-08, 16:05

RED MILL BURGERS FTW! =P
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-08, 16:06

The Ram has really good burgers but their prices are high!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-08, 16:22

PokeSephiroth wrote:All this talk of fast food has me craving for Wendy's. I already have a burger and fries from a sit down restaurant, BUT I STILL CRAVE FOR WENDY'S... yay for Fries, Spicy Chicken Nuggets, and Chili from Wendy's. Yay. Now all it needs is a dousing of Sriracha Sauce.

Fast Food Thread 20131112
Hope they didn't skimp on the spice in your spicy chicken nuggets!!!
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-11-08, 16:33

Nick_87 wrote:To bad they don't have In n Out up here in Washington but everyone's got to love Dick's right? Not a fast food chain but my favorite burgers of all is at The Ram!
About the only thing I miss about So Cal is In n Out, Tommy's, and El Pollo Loco.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-11-08, 17:52

dwarfpike wrote:
Nick_87 wrote:To bad they don't have In n Out up here in Washington but everyone's got to love Dick's right? Not a fast food chain but my favorite burgers of all is at The Ram!
About the only thing I miss about So Cal is In n Out, Tommy's, and El Pollo Loco.
Is El Pollo Loco related to Los Pollos Hermanos? Just kidding... Laughing 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-08, 17:58

Los Pollos Hermanos I think has some sort of special ingredient in their recipe, but I could never figure out what it was.  Whatever it is, sure makes that chicken of theirs addicting! Wink

Fast Food Thread LPH_zpsabeede49
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-11-08, 18:35

cichlid-gal wrote:Is El Pollo Loco related to Los Pollos Hermanos?  Just kidding... Laughing 
If they are, I'll need to go there someday.

El Pollo Loco was mostly lime and black pepper chicken, and sometimes on special chipotle.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-08, 18:47

dwarfpike wrote:
cichlid-gal wrote:Is El Pollo Loco related to Los Pollos Hermanos?  Just kidding... Laughing 
If they are, I'll need to go there someday.
When you go can you do me a solid and pick up a special order that's waiting for me there? haha 

Fast Food Thread Cooking_zps7ba7e65e
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-11-08, 22:42

Wendy's, bk, and popeyes.
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  BallardFishGuy 2013-11-09, 13:45

The best in each category in order (that i've had anyway)...

Fast Food Burgers:

1. Five Guys
  2. In-N-Out
  3. Burgerville
  4. Dicks
  5. BK king 
  6. Wendys

Quick Serve:

1. Red Mill
  2. Scooters

Gourmet:

1. Lunchbox Laboratory