What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches?

+2
Aquarium Co-Op
Nick_87
6 posters

Go down

What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches? Empty What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches?

Post  Nick_87 2013-11-03, 17:37

I am thinking of either selling a few of my large clown loaches or buying a few more I can't make up my mind but wanted to see what the price for and average 4"-5" fish goes for. I know these guys are $12 at about an inch at the pet stores and are slow growers so what do you guys think? Thanks
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches? Empty Re: What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches?

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-03, 18:04

5-6 inches are probably 30-60 each. Above that it can start getting pretty pricey. It just depends on the market and who has money and is willing to spend it on clowns. I've paid as much as 2-300 for larger clowns 10 inches or so. I've also picked up some really large ones for $50. Some markets they go for much much more.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches? Empty Re: What's a reasonable price for large clown loaches?

Post  Nick_87 2013-11-03, 18:08

How long do they live for Cory?
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-11-03, 18:12

30 years assuming a power outage/neglect doesn't kill them.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-11-03, 21:11

Wowza! I Didn't know it was that long I figured maybe 10 but I guess there is usually som sort of mishap in fish keeping before then usually. Thanks for the info!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-03, 21:20

Just seen some 3-4 inches at Bridges for $50 each. I sold 5 at 4-5 inches for $50 a while back to a fellow member. But I am not in it for the $$$.

Last edited by fishNAbowl on 2013-11-03, 21:22; edited 2 times in total
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-11-03, 21:20

Not to mention the dont even breed until they are over 9-10".  Like Cory said, the price can vary.  There was a guy on CL selling 10 of them he wanted $75 ea for them. (they were around the 5" mark).  He eventually sold them for less than $50 ea.  i bought 3 of them for $75, a friend of mine bought a hand full also.  They can be very expensive, thats only if someone really wants them.  With that said I have seen 2-3 inchers at Petsmart on sale at times for $5.99.  That there makes it tough to get $25 for a 4 incher.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-11-03, 21:22

fishNAbowl wrote:Just seen some 3-4 inches at Bridges for $50 each. I sold 5 at 4-5 inches for $50 a while back to a fellow member. But I am in it for the $$$.
That would be me. Smile The largest is pushing 8". Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-03, 21:22

Madness wrote:
fishNAbowl wrote:Just seen some 3-4 inches at Bridges for $50 each. I sold 5 at 4-5 inches for $50 a while back to a fellow member. But I am in it for the $$$.
That would be me. Smile The largest is pushing 8". Smile
AWESOME!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-11-03, 23:02

I have a dozen in a dedicated tank. They're 4.5-8''. I don't think I'd take anything for them...at least right now. They are so personable and act like a litter of puppies. Love 'em!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-11-04, 00:09

Great info, thanks guys! I'll have to think about what I'm going to do with them then. I'm thinking of setting up a tank just for them. They are definitely my favorite fish I have at the moment.
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2013-11-04, 00:38

Not to steal your topic here Nick, but this question could benefit you too so I think it should go here.

Those of you that have or have had clowns...What fish do you like to keep with them?  

I've had them with my mbuna in the past when I kept them, and until recently i've had rainbows with them.  Currently I have 8 Montezuma swordtails with them that I got from JesseM. (really like them Jesse...Thanks for selling them to me.)

Last edited by fishloverRon on 2013-11-04, 01:04; edited 1 time in total
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drd62 2013-11-04, 00:55

I have clown loaches and keep them with my central american cichlids with no problems but mine are in the 6-7" range.
Drd62
Drd62
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drd62 2013-11-04, 01:01

The cost can vary as madness stated above. Remember though, these guys take along time to grow and some of the loaches you see at the 4-5" mark can be at least 5 years old, so seeing them for sale @ $40-50 is common IMO.
Drd62
Drd62
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-04, 01:01

fishloverRon wrote:Not to steal your topic here Nick, but this question could benefit you too so I think it should go here.

Those of you that have or have had clowns...What fish do you like to keep with them?  

I've had them with my mbuna in the past when I kept them, and until recently i've had rainbows with them.  Currently I have 8 Montezuma swordtails with them that I got from JesseM. (really the them Jesse...Thanks for selling them to me.)
I had them with Bass, larger Catfish, Snook, Polys. Large Congo tetra, large rainbow fish (Madagascar). Then switched gears to smaller fish & planted aquaria.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down