Aggressive Clown Loaches

+2
Madness
TRD_Power
6 posters

Go down

Aggressive Clown Loaches Empty Aggressive Clown Loaches

Post  TRD_Power 2010-08-07, 02:28

I've been noticing some circular white marks on my Yellow tail Barracuda and Cory's withint he past few weeks... My first thought was that they have been running into the bogwood, rocks, etc. However today I actually saw my 3" Clown Loach launch towards my Needlenose "Gar" and Cuda! Right now I have a 75g with one Yellow tail cuda, one Needlenose Gar, 2 Cory cats, 3 Clown Loaches, and one Gian Pleco. I've never had a problem with any of the other fish, just the Loaches :/ Have any of you ever experienced this with your Clowns? Any pointers on getting them to stop? I was thinking of making them another little cave to try and keep them away fromt he rest, but the Corys and Pleco just go wandering in everywhere...
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Aggressive Clown Loaches Empty Re: Aggressive Clown Loaches

Post  Madness 2010-08-08, 22:51

I don't know about the Clown Loaches, but they are related to the Red Fin Loach(Botia). I have one of these and it is about 3". It is very territorial. It attacks my 6 & 8" Polypturis. sp: when they venture into his area. I also watched a breeding pair of my Convicts and Honduran Red Points, (both are about 2+") try to stake out his cave to lay eggs, and he went toe-to-toe with them. Eventually really messing them up before they gave up and left him alone.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  shua 2010-08-09, 14:27

a con dang loachs are hard core
shua
shua

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-08-09, 15:33

Clown loaches are definitely aggressive. You can try the "add more to create a hierarchy" route and see if that works.

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-09, 17:49

overstockin tank..... kinda like regan said, but not to create a hierarchy, but to spread aggression and stop them from getting too terriotorial.... This always creates problems with waste though, more food, more poop, needs more water changes, etc.

Maybe get rid of the loaches and go with something more peaceful cause I know you dont want to loose your cuda, and gar. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-08-09, 17:52

The person to talk to is Cory on here, he has a display tank up at Conway tropical fish with full grown clown loaches, plus there also his favorite fish.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down