Whats reasonable?

+2
fishNAbowl
Nick_87
6 posters

Go down

Whats reasonable? Empty Whats reasonable?

Post  Nick_87 2013-09-26, 18:41

Im looking at possibly buying a 240 and wanted to get opinons on what a good price you would pay would be. Its 3/4" acrylic in good contion with stand and canopy. Thanks
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Whats reasonable? Empty Re: Whats reasonable?

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 21:32

In "GOOD" condition, it's worth about $600 to me.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-26, 21:32

fishNAbowl wrote:In "GOOD" condition, it's worth about $600 to me.
+ I would hope to talk them down...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-09-26, 21:38

Doing a quick search of various aquarium forums and craiglist listings in different locations, $750 seems pretty standard with stand and canopy but no other supplies.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-09-26, 21:38

How much was it new? are you gonna feel like the first owner or the 10th? how much will it cost to make it into the tank you wanted? That's the questions I would ask my self if I was buying a "show set up" If your getting it from the first owner good luck on a dollar a gallon. If you feel like your getting a good deal you probably are. The way I feel about acrylic is ..... I know its expensive you should have thought about that when you were putting scratches all over it...... If it's so easy to buff out why don't you do it and then sell it...I would feel good at 500 with no scratches. With scratches I'm just not shelling big money I don't care what it cost before someone abused it.
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony J. 2013-09-26, 22:03

anthony wrote:How much was it new? are you gonna feel like the first owner or the 10th? how much will it cost to make it into the tank you wanted? That's the questions I would ask my self if I was buying a "show set up" If your getting it from the first owner good luck on a dollar a gallon. If you feel like your getting a good deal you probably are. The way I feel about acrylic is ..... I know its expensive you should have thought about that when you were putting scratches all over it...... If it's so easy to buff out why don't you do it and then sell it...I would feel good at 500  with no scratches. With scratches I'm just not shelling big money I don't care what it cost before someone abused it.
I agree with this.
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drd62 2013-09-27, 03:41

Anthony J. wrote:
anthony wrote:How much was it new? are you gonna feel like the first owner or the 10th? how much will it cost to make it into the tank you wanted? That's the questions I would ask my self if I was buying a "show set up" If your getting it from the first owner good luck on a dollar a gallon. If you feel like your getting a good deal you probably are. The way I feel about acrylic is ..... I know its expensive you should have thought about that when you were putting scratches all over it...... If it's so easy to buff out why don't you do it and then sell it...I would feel good at 500  with no scratches. With scratches I'm just not shelling big money I don't care what it cost before someone abused it.
I agree with this.
IMO on a 240g tank w/the stand, canopy & other equipment $700-$1400 would be a decent price depending on the type of stand and craftsmanship as well as the type of acrylic being used. with acrylic you are most certain to have some wear & tear so taking care of your set up is paramount if you want it to hold a percentage of what it cost when first purchased. As most of you all know there are different types of acrylics being used on the market right now, so that needs to be taken into affect.Laughing 
Drd62
Drd62
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-09-27, 05:19

Thanks guys, I made an offer and might be picking it up this week wish me luck!
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-27, 09:22

Nick_87 wrote:Thanks guys, I made an offer and might be picking it up this week wish me luck!
Good luck!!

Unless the rank is in like new condition this is how I come up with a decent price for a tank & system.

In good condition;
Glass - $1 per gallon
Acrylic - $1.50 per gallon
Stand (50g-200g) $50-$150
Canopy (50g-200g) $25-$100

This is just general pricing I  use.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down